is it ok to run slicks on a stock eco - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
is it ok to run slicks on a stock eco
Saturday, March 05, 2005 10:21 AM
Well im gettting some slicks for like dirt cheap and i was wondering if they will harm my car. Like will i break my axles or no and are they even worth putting on to run because my car is stock. Will they even help me at all? thanks

Re: is it ok to run slicks on a stock eco
Saturday, March 05, 2005 10:50 AM
you wont be able to drive the car unless the weather is perfect, it wont help cause the cars stock and most likelye you will brake an axle or fry the clutch

I was with my buddy in his 10 second T/A driving aournd on the cheater slicks, downpour out of nowhere, it was like driving with the slicks on ice, no traction, slid out just driving, not good, definetly not for daily driving

Saturday, March 05, 2005 1:46 PM
Well their not for daily driven purposes just for track i just wanted to know if my car would handle them

Saturday, March 05, 2005 10:34 PM
your car COULD handle them but your always taking a risk with axles....but i think you should give them to me I NEED THEM BAD! you wouldnt even come close to making use of the added traction they'd provide.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Saturday, March 05, 2005 11:34 PM
Pointless.... especially on a stock car... Unless it was a new GTO or somethin with some horsepower.

You'll only break and wreck stuff.... Save your money, and don't put them on... I know u said you got them already for dirt cheap... but you haven't used them yet... And if u want to understand why i said save your money, try a couple runs with them and see what breaks.

Dwn Dak - The Dodge Difference
Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:45 AM
K thats all i wanted to know thanks guys

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search