yes another question about 20s - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
yes another question about 20s
Friday, March 04, 2005 10:55 PM
im still undecided about what wheels i want. but i just read that bfg just came out with a 225/30/20 and i was wondering if that would fit our cars with little or no rubbing up front with a 20x7.5 wheel? im pretty sure ill have to roll my fenders, but thats not that big of a deal since my body guy owes me anyways.

if i have to do more than roll my fenders up front then im just gonna get some 18s. im gettin tenzo-r overdose's in glossy black for those that wanna know.

thx,
michael

Re: yes another question about 20s
Saturday, March 05, 2005 2:36 PM
Overall Diameter: 24.87 in - Stock Z24 Tire
Overall Diameter: 25.31 in - 225 30 20 Tire

There's your anwser. Plus everyone on here will tell you that you need to do big brakes, and bigger motor, and all that jazz to make everythin perfect. And even still the 20's are waayyy tooo big for the car and everythin else... And I can almost promise you wild weasel will come in and post something about being perfect and knowing basically everything in the world of aftermarket and that rev's are wrong, and the speedo wll be off and everythin esle. Preaching about how its no good and don't do it... yada yada yada... Then his band of follower's will chime in after.

You know what.. If you want them.... buy them. Everyone is so against letting people do what they want to there cars. Thats probally why they all look the @!#$ same, once one person does it the all do it... Hmm how many people are goin widebody all of a sudden? I think thats the new j-body bandwagon.. I suggest widebody... haha j/k

Speedometer1: 60 mph - 100 km/h - Stock
Speedometer2: 58.9 mph - 98.2 km/h - 20's

There is the speedo difference. But since your stock gauges don't read every km/h or mph, it will almost not look any different. Also with the 20's ur rev's per mile are lower, so u will SAVE gas and SAVE wear on the engine.... nothin to actually notice, but thought I would tell you anyways.

Dwn Dak - The Dodge Difference
Saturday, March 05, 2005 6:59 PM
correct me if im wrong but it wont save gas or wear on the engine because the engine will be working a lot harder because of the added weight....?
Saturday, March 05, 2005 7:06 PM
well put it this way. do what you want. imo its gonna look stupid unless you do a big break kit and some kind of lowering. there was someone on here with 20's on stock suspension and it looked terrible.

Saturday, March 05, 2005 7:15 PM
dont do it!....................................its against the j-body law
man, mod how you wanna mod

ClassGlass / RkSport / Eibach / Motegi / Ractive / Borla / K&N

Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:47 PM
either way when i do get new wheels either 18s or 20s ill end up getting a big brake upgrade front and rear.

on the bigger motor thing, im planning on a s/c eventually.

baggedcav98: im already dropped on goldlines, but im planning hydros. i was gonna go with air but too many people are going with it and i dont wanna be on that bandwagon.

the only other question i have is will i have any rubbing problems?
20x7.5 wheels with 225/30/20 tires, dropped on goldlines.
Monday, March 07, 2005 9:04 AM
Why not comparmise and get 19's? 19's look sweet on the cavy, but 20's seem to be overkill.

Monday, March 07, 2005 3:05 PM
mild2wild in medicinehat had 20s on there show car try them about what size of 20s will fit
Monday, March 07, 2005 11:11 PM
we bashed the dude with the 20's back in the day cause he came on here thinking he was the @!#$.... not cause of the 20's

and they did look rediculous.... but he had stock bumpers and stock suspention

on the right car it would be neat to see

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 6:12 AM
Keep in mind that companies are now making 20" wheels and tires that are made to fit cars that are our size.

They may still look ridiculous, but I believe they're out there now in widths and offsets that fit and the tires can be found to work with them.

You DEFINITELY still need a big brake kit with them though.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 9:22 PM
steve w: too many people have 19s. i wanna do something a little different.

more than likely ill get 18s for daily driving and 20s for show.

on another note:

when i do get my 18s should i get gunmetal or glossy black? im leaning more towards the glossy black. the wheels are tenzo-r overdose's. someone could post a pic of them, i would but my computer sucks and it wont let me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search