Quick tire/wheel size question. - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Quick tire/wheel size question.
Saturday, March 12, 2005 11:13 AM
Sorry if this could've been found in search, but I'm on my way out the door and only have time to toss this question out there.

Initially, I was wanting to get Motegi MR7's in 15 x 6.5, because that's what size my stock tires are and I just bought new tires and I dont wanna shell out more money for different tires when these are fine. Now today, I was browsing Motegi's 2005 catalogue and saw some new wheels. The LC12's. Awesome looking wheels, but the 15's come in 15 x 7. Now the manager lady at Sears Auto Center (where I got my tires) said that my 195/65/15 tires will fit on a 15 x 7 wheel perfectly fine. Is she right or will I have to buy different size tires if/wen I get those wheels? And if I do get the 15 x 7's and use my 195/65/15's will it affect the speedometer at all? (I dont think it will, but I'd like to hear from someone who knows more about tires and wheels.

TIA

My Car Domain Page

Re: Quick tire/wheel size question.
Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:17 PM
Stock is 6". I don't know if they will fit. but if the tire size is the same the speedo will not be off.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:39 PM
I looked up a ton of different brands of tire on tirerack.com with your size that you got and it said that those tires will fit rims from 5.5 inches wide up to 7 inches wide. So you would be ok. If I was you though i would hold off on getting wheels till you are ready for new tires so you can get a package deal a get sometihng alittle larger then 15's. Sometime you can luck out and get a nice set of 17's with tires for a much money as you put into those tires plus the motegi wheels you wanted.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 10:12 PM
I've tried looking around for deals and nothing. The best price I found on 17 Motegi MR7's and the correct size tires for an 03 Cavy was over a grand.. PLUS labour. My main reasons for wanting to stick with 15's are 1- cost. 195/65/15 are $40 less[/] than the same brand tire that would fit a 17. 2- Since I just got new tires, I'd rather not "wait until these wear out", plus, since I got them at Sears Auto Center, they offer free mounting of any tire purchased. So no labour on the mounting whever I do get them.. I would just have to pay for balancing, but since I got a full set of tires, I get free balancing and rotation for the life of the tires.. so I'll be paying NO labour costs at all when I decide to get the wheels.

Oh and in case none of you have seen the lC12's.. here's a picture.

My Car Domain Page

Monday, March 14, 2005 7:12 AM
i think those are kinda ugly..no offense...

®â€îñg666™
Monday, March 14, 2005 7:28 AM
Those are a nice set of rims, but they only look good in a 17 or 18 size. A friend of mine bought some 15's MR7's and regreated ever putting them on. He's now running 18's on a slammed 4dr. If money is tight, save up and go for a bigger size.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search