AIR SUSPENSION?????????? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AIR SUSPENSION??????????
Thursday, March 17, 2005 10:08 AM
Ok, not sure where this should go.... but anyways... I've had air in the past so I'm not a newbie!

Here's my question... I have 19" axis seven mods with a 40mm offset... can I still do airride with these rims (my search came up empty on the subject)... or do I have to stick with kkoni yellows and GC???

I'm thinking that the 40mm offset is too much... but I could be wrong... Z2FLIP4 did this but I'm thinking it takes some modifications... which I'm willing to do, depending on the mods required... any help is good help!

Re: AIR SUSPENSION??????????
Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:58 PM
are you sure that your SE7EN MODS have a 40mm offset?....cause I'm pretty sure they only came in 35mm offset unless you got a custom made one

Z2FLIP4 has 19" axis spiders with 40mm offset.....he's doing a wide body along with the air ride.

yes you can do air ride still

the person to ask if you have any questions is Brisk....he's got 19" axis supermesh with (i believe) a 40 mm also and he's TUCKING like mad
Thursday, March 17, 2005 4:16 PM
I've seen brisks car in person... it doesn't have air... or didn't when I saw it... and yes, they are 40mm offset... they were originally on an eclipse...

Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:41 PM
yea it has air now but he had to roll his fenders. he couldnt get the front to low since it would hit his fenders. he also has cf fenders though, so i dont think you can roll them as much as stock fenders

Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:49 PM
I dont know if this would help but I have 19X8 motegi DPKs with a 40mm offset. I have a goldline setup right now but, looking at the ride currently with the changes I want to do I would obviously need to roll the fenders but I could tuck with air it would just be a tight fit but they would go.

Friday, March 18, 2005 7:31 AM
I already have my fenders rolled from the last time I had air... just curious if I had to do anything else... remove the fender lining... ect...

Friday, March 18, 2005 9:28 AM
You know what bro I didnt think of that. that lining will have to come out. Its just too close as is right now. You could run air with that size wheel but I dont think you could drive with it down or bottom out without ripping the liner loose. Its not so much a issue at the top is a issue right by the fender the way its contoured. the tire will be so close to the fender that it will pull the liner up if its still there. again I dont have air now I was just looking at it a week ago when I put the wheels on for the first time to see what I needed to do to make it fit for air.

Friday, March 18, 2005 9:30 AM
You might only have to pull the front ones though. I didnt look at the back all that close but I will if you need me to for ya

Saturday, March 19, 2005 8:10 AM
after jacking the car up last night it looks like the rear ones will need to come out too. I didnt jack it up just for that I had some new lights to put in but, the rear wheel rides so deep on our cars with air that the liner will probably touch if not rub. I remember seeing pics of someones air ride setup that was rubbing on the inner steel fender and he had pics of it. Hope that helps a little?

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 8:43 PM
Yea, my wheels are 19x8" Axis Mesh 2's. Fenders were rolled with I beleive a 42mm offset.

Saturday, March 26, 2005 8:03 AM
From my experiences I was going to have to use a 215/35/19 rather than 225 to avoid rubbing the perch. I stuck with a 225/35/19 and GC's.

04 Pontiac GTO Black/Black M6 - Current Project
02 Z24 Red - SOLD

Change is inevitable; growth is optional.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search