GAS MILEAGE With 18's!?????? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GAS MILEAGE With 18's!??????
Thursday, March 17, 2005 7:24 PM
holy crap- my gas mileage has dropped incredibly, how many miles are yall getting to a tank for yall you have 18s?

Re: GAS MILEAGE With 18's!??????
Thursday, March 17, 2005 7:55 PM
What size of rubber are you running?? If its the 225 40 18 that everyone on here recommends, its no different size then the stock tires... So gas shouldn't have changed for you.. maybe something is wrong with your car?

Draggin' That A**
Thursday, March 17, 2005 8:47 PM
gas mileage will change because of the added weight and more force it will take to rotate the wheel now(physics, inertia, all that crap) the engine has to work harder now and will therefor drop mileage. mine dropped bout 3 mpgs
Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:13 PM
Yeah thats most likely it. If your overall weight is more than before (rim and tire combined), you're going to a drop in gas mileage - can also go the other way if you buy lightweight rims. Also, tire size has a role in it as well - but assuming you got the proper size that shouldn't be a problem... you did get the right tire size right?

Friday, March 18, 2005 5:50 AM
yes..i am running 225/40/18 series tire....I have the Konig Unknown's and im thinken they weigh a lot more than my old 17s did..i can even feel the difference when i come off of a stop. I dont think i could chirp 2nd anymore cause of my wheels...time to start performance...exhaust, throttle body,intake manifold, header...ect
Saturday, March 19, 2005 10:10 AM
And your complaining about gas mileage? Now your talking about performance... haha

Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:33 AM
^^ I was thinking the same thing... yes add some performance inhancing products.. that will help gas milage.. HAHAHAHA...

Draggin' That A**
Saturday, March 19, 2005 6:03 PM
what size rim would you recommend with a z24 sedan with a 2" drop.
Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:32 AM
18 inch with a 225 40 18 tire.

17's may be cheap and easy to get quickly..... but they are too small and just don't look good.. I'd say a nice 18 with a 225 tire will be a little better...

Draggin' That A**
Friday, March 25, 2005 6:01 PM
a wider tire will also cause more rolling resistance with the road...which could cause gas mileage to drop. i have noticed that most cars will get better mileage with your regular bolt-ons(i/h/e etc), if you can stay off of the gas pedal.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search