Affordable summer tires--maybe RS-A's? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Affordable summer tires--maybe RS-A's?
Thursday, March 24, 2005 2:07 PM
I need a place that sells affordable summer tires. i'm looking for something that will hook up decent at the track, but also give good wet and dry traction. i don't want to have to spend a buttload of money on 2 tires either.
I had considered getting 2 more Goodyear Eagle RS-As (call me crazy, I liked them), but they are pricey. I'm not all that worried about the tread rating, because they are only going to be used this summer, but they will see some track time.

So--if anyone knows any websites that have decent prices (size 205/55/16), please post. I did search, but i was hoping maybe there were some places out there i didn't find.

Re: Affordable summer tires--maybe RS-A's?
Thursday, March 24, 2005 2:21 PM
I used to work at GoodYear and my dad is a manager at one. Those tires are not very cheap, even with a nice discount they are still pricey. They are a great tire, but if you want a decent tire try the Eagle GT-HRs. I have them on my sunbird and they are great!!

Thursday, March 24, 2005 2:30 PM
Can't beat the Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 for the price

Thursday, March 24, 2005 2:48 PM
If you have a hercules tire dealer around your place, go with the Ultra Plus IV which is compared to a Rs-A, but alot cheaper... Or you could go even cheaper and go with a Hercules MRX all season, two of those are probally about the same price as one of the RS-A's...

Those would be some of the cheapest options I could come up with and the best solution to your budget. The kumho 711's are cheaper then the 712's I believe and they are both good tires, and fairly decent prices......

Draggin' That A**
Friday, March 25, 2005 6:04 PM
falken ziex 512 or hankook HRII both are much cheaper than the rsa and better performing as well. my stock rsa are fair in dry, but horrid in the wet weather.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search