What size tire? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What size tire?
Monday, March 28, 2005 8:58 AM
Hey, I finally sold my 17's and it's time to order my 19's but I am not sure what size of tire to go with. The rims are 19" x 7.5" and they only come in a 48 offset but I can get a set of blanks drilled out for my car with a 35 offset, I am getting Falken Azeni's for tires but I am not sure what size, I want to fill the wheel well more cause my new kit is larger than my old one, but don't want balloons. It says my only opinions are 215/35/19 or 225/35/19, it says a 235/35/19 won't fit the rim.

Can anyone help me?

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!
Check out my site http://members.cardomain.com/lil_z

Re: What size tire?
Monday, March 28, 2005 9:21 AM
225/35/19 will be fine for you, If you can look at phlatcav's sig and you can see he has the 225/35/19's and they look perfect for that rim size. Do you mind if i ask what price your paying for the Azenis. You may wanna look into the Fuzions ZR1. I heard alot of great reviews on them and they might be cheaper then the azenis and a much better tire, from the reviews anyways.

Here's some Canadian web sites (Brittish Columbia) that u can check out and the shipping is only 40$ Also you ONLY PAY GST which is sweet cause you save on pst. . I know this becuase i just ordered my tires from there and im from Sudbury, Ontario.

www.1010tires.com -- Falken Azenis ST-115 = C$ 259.99 -- Fuzion ZRi = C$ 239.99

www.tiretrends.com -- Falken Azenis ST-115 = C$ 294.97 -- Fuzion ZRi = C$ 245.00

The prices are for the 225/35/19 size tire.

Good luck

~*Gilles*~

Monday, March 28, 2005 10:11 AM
I am getting a package deal, I am not sure what the tires were priced at but if the place in town can't get my blanks then I am ordering off of the 1010 site.

It's such an amazing site!

but I am also concerned with if I decide to put air ride in my car will the 225's be too big? Cause I would hate to have to by another set of tires just for that...

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!

Monday, March 28, 2005 3:26 PM
It would be depending on how long you want to wait or are goin to wait to get air ride, if its goin to be a few years, you could go with a 225 no problem, and that would fill some unwanted wheel gap. Plus they are only .3 of an inch taller then ur stock Z24 wheels. Which is another bonus, however if you wanted the 215 its closer to your stock wheel hieght... Which with a 7.5 inch wheel would kick ass for air ride with the right offset..... But without airride, gives you a little more of the wheelgap again... So its depending, because those kinds of tires PROBALLY being as low profile as they are, wouldn't have the best treadwear rating, also depending on the compound and so on.. So they wouldn't last horribly long, depending on the amount of driving, you might get 20,000 km's out of them if your lucky, with no alignment issues, and in a perfect world basically... And with a lowered car its no longer a perfect world, and air ride.. well depends on your ride hieght.

SO really.. its personal choice... depending on timelines, and money issues. That sort of thing.

Draggin' That A**
Monday, March 28, 2005 7:35 PM
Thanks huney

what size do most people have the have 19's?

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 1:56 PM
If yea search you would know lol j/k search for 215 35 19 OR 225 35 19. i did the search for yea and it seems like its almost even. some have 215 and others 225.

J-body Member search

And this guy has 225/35/19's on air and also his rims are wider 8' inch and it just fits.

So really your only talking about a couple of inches like Dwn Dak was saying. So its all up to you and what preference you like. Whatever you get you wont be disapointed, i think lol . Im just trying to help you thats all and the best thing to do is try to get some other opinions from poeple that actually have air and 19's. That way you'll know 4 sure what tire size is right for you. Good luck

~*Gilles*~

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 5:45 AM
I think I am going to get the 215/35/19 cause there is a set in town for cheaper than the other places.

Thank you for all your help!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search