Remove paint from rims - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Remove paint from rims
Friday, April 01, 2005 4:18 AM
Hey everyone, I have a set of Gramlight 57c's on my cavalier. The problem is that the paint is flaking off. Im just thinking screw it and get it the rest of the way off ( I like the "Metal" look ) but im not sure how to go about it. It seems every time i wash my car more paint comes off, but i want the prosess to go a lil quicker... any ideas that wont damage my wheels? Thanks in advance.

CarDomain

Re: Remove paint from rims
Friday, April 01, 2005 6:49 AM
sand blast.... or bake off ( powder coating removal proceedure)

I'll be sand blasting mine.

Friday, April 01, 2005 1:55 PM
I would try a high pressure water jet, maybe a very good pressure washer with a fine nozel would do the trick.

Friday, April 01, 2005 11:55 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. Ill try the high water pressure first, then if i have to ill go with what Modfire sugests. Seems lately the pressure from the garden hose has done the trick lol

CarDomain
Saturday, April 02, 2005 4:42 AM
if you don't want this chip issue to come back to haunt you. i strongly recomend that you get the rims powder coated. But if you do that you have to be sure that all of the old paint is off.

good luck!

Saturday, April 02, 2005 7:05 AM
That would be nice if i could find someone around here to do it. Untill i find someone to do that, id rather it look like it was intended not to have paint. Got a lil bit of curb rash to cure up then i can ship em to the powdecoaters. Thanks for all the help

CarDomain
Saturday, April 02, 2005 6:27 PM
paint stripper

see ya!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search