Tips on cleaning wheels? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tips on cleaning wheels?
Friday, April 01, 2005 11:22 AM
This is my first set of wheels and i don't want them to go to crap too fast, and i was wondering what the best way is to keep them clean and what kind of cleaner some people use, i have been using the tire wet for my tires and a never dull polish for the wheels. I am mostly concerned about the inner part of the wheel, i don't know if anyone ever worries about that part, but when you look at some wheels you don't usually see the inner wheel dirty as crap so what do you guys do.

I didn't find a post on this and i did do a search.

Re: Tips on cleaning wheels?
Friday, April 01, 2005 2:54 PM
soapy water.... and a lil elbow grease....you can get elbow grease at most hardware stores pretty cheap...like 1.09 per gallon or so....home depot is having a sale on it

Not unintentionally accelerating since 2009!!!!

Friday, April 01, 2005 9:45 PM
So nobody goes to the extremity of taking the wheels off in order to clean the inner wheels. I'm sure some people do

I know that soapy water and some "elbow grease" will do it, but i didn't know if there were any techniques or anything.
Saturday, April 02, 2005 1:42 AM
I have found that if I wash the car at least once a week, including the inner parts of the rims(without taking them off).. then they'll take a real long time to discolor.. Considering you get them when they're new..

Talk about elbow grease, you're looking at a guy who polished the insides(and outer lip) of his rims.. Good way to kill your arms for a few days.. LOL Never again.

"If life throws you a curve, pop the clutch and drift it!"
Saturday, April 02, 2005 9:14 AM
well i work at a d dealer so...when i was going to a meet or a show the day beofre i would take off the wheels and clean the @!#$ outta them....but normally i still cleaned the inside while they were on the car.....i was nutz about cleaning em cuz they were white
i must of spend like 10 bux a month for elbow grease

Not unintentionally accelerating since 2009!!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search