RanOverGrandCanyon - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RanOverGrandCanyon
Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:13 AM
....Or a gigantic pot hole in Boardman OH! So this pot hole victimized 2 rims and 2 tires on 2 cars in 2 minutes.... thats gotta be a record. I thought we hit a wall, this thing was so horrible, yet the complete lack of Lighting at the location left me blind to its existance.
So my problem is, is that my rim is bent ( i can maybe live with that, it's just the lip) and my tire has a pretty little slice in it where it got smashed inbetween the road and rim. So how concerned should I be about this slice. It's not losing air not horribly deep and about an 1 1/2" wide....can I throw some epoxy or something in there and call it a day or should I do more??? Thanks in advance for any input and Empathy

Re: RanOverGrandCanyon
Sunday, April 03, 2005 12:20 PM
get pictures and estimate for the damage , and summit it to the city

Sunday, April 03, 2005 12:30 PM
One more reason Ohio Sucks

"Man does not race in straight line alone"

www.emor8t.deviantart.com
Sunday, April 03, 2005 2:35 PM
yea take some pics of the pothole. i know when i lived in pa, i hit one of those water drains that they have in the road. they were doing road work and they didnt outline the little cover for it and i didnt see it and i ended up blowing out 2 of my tires by hitting it. pendot paid for 2 tires since it was their fault. as for the tire itself, where is the slice at? if its on the sidewall, trash it and get a new one. me personally i would get a new tire anyway, i wouldnt wanna be going down the highway at 75mph and have my tire blow out on me.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 7:18 PM
Yeah, I just put these tires on 2 weeks ago...How would I go about possibly getting it replaced since I bought it from WheelMax? Do they do refunds for stuff like this or can I contact Hankook or something...I really dont feel like buying a new tire right now.

Monday, April 04, 2005 12:13 AM
you need to submit a claim to the city where it happened... i would have called a cop, and gotten a report,, before leaving the scene....

Monday, April 04, 2005 9:48 AM
^^^ yea have to go through whatever township it is. a police report would of helped.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search