Mr. Clean Wheel Eraser - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Mr. Clean Wheel Eraser
Monday, April 04, 2005 7:15 PM
My rims were scuffed by the tire shop when they were putting tires on them last summer. Nothing I did removed the scuffs, and I was beggining to think that nothing would. Tonight I was shining my tires, and decided to try out the new Mr. Clean wheel eraser on my rims, and to my utter amazement it removed the scuffs. Not only did it remove the scuffs, it removed the rust stains that had appeared over the duration of the year from my rotors.

I was absolutely amazed, and I wish I had taken before and after pictures. I'm very pleased with the results, as the rims look brand new again and very clean.

I hope this isn't a repost. I was just so impressed and pleased with the performance that I thought I'd recommend it in case anybody else out there has scuffed rims, or rust spots. It's a pretty inexpensive product and you get a number of erasers in the box, it's worth trying before you toss or recoat your rims. It worked for me anyway, and I'm very pleased.

Re: Mr. Clean Wheel Eraser
Monday, April 04, 2005 10:17 PM
I saw them in Target while I was buying the new Mr. Clean Autodry System Pro Series but I didn't have enough money for them so I was going to pick them up later. Now you've convinced me to go back tomorrow first thing in the morning and buy them along with some more Rain X, microfiber towels, Meguiar's tire shine, Color X, and more soap for the Autodry system. I think I'm obsessed with washing my car
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 4:37 AM
They scuffed your wheels when putting the tires on??? WOW.. thats @!#$ty man.

But glad to hear to eraser works! Now if I get any @!#$ on the polished lip on the winter beater, I know it will come off... Hopefully... ahaha awsome !!

Draggin' That A**
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 6:30 AM
Dwn Dak wrote:They scuffed your wheels when putting the tires on??? WOW.. thats @!#$ty man.

I'm kinda wondering if "scuffed" really means "left black rubber marks from the tires".

Scuffs in aluminum don't just rub off.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 12:57 PM
yea you had me a little confused. when you said scuffed, i thought you meant like small scratches

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 1:09 PM
If he did mean scuffs, thats one damn good eraser I think im going to pick one up on payday and see what i can do because my rotors have built up a lot of crap on mine.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 1:16 PM
Steve Hill : Instead of getting rainx, head over to tire rack and buy this stuff called Aquapel. The jiffy lube I used to work at sold it. The stuff works great. Doesn't wear off nearly as fast as rain-x.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 9:37 AM
The paint wasn't damaged, but whatever was on it, it wouldn't come off, and it looked terrible.. like I hit something with my rim and scuffed it. The Mr. Clean eraser removed it though, and I'm glad it's gone I wish I had taken pics... it really is amazing.

I noticed that I had missed some rust stains yesterday though when I was working under the car, so I grabbed some before and after pics using the Mr. Clean eraser, check it out.

Before:

After about 30 seconds with the eraser:

Best $4.99 I ever spent

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:56 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:
Dwn Dak wrote:They scuffed your wheels when putting the tires on??? WOW.. thats @!#$ty man.

I'm kinda wondering if "scuffed" really means "left black rubber marks from the tires".

Scuffs in aluminum don't just rub off.

Hhaha yea I would have thought that.. I would have guessed they didn't actually mark them, but I know on polished lips or chrome sometimes, its a "scratch, or scuff" mark on them, but its only on the clear. With a little work it will rub off... But that of course isn't anything major. HAHA ... I just wasn't sure because they shouldn't have ANY marks, or scuffs on the wheels, so thats why I assumed they marked them up... thats all.

Draggin' That A**
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search