Ls Wheels/New Wheel Question - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ls Wheels/New Wheel Question
Monday, April 04, 2005 7:19 PM
I have the stock LS wheels. If i go to a 17 Rim/with tires like from one of those packages. Would i sit higher? or would it cancle out? And how much would it change my spedo?

Re: Ls Wheels/New Wheel Question
Monday, April 04, 2005 7:35 PM
FAQ

Monday, April 04, 2005 7:50 PM
DanteMustDie wrote:FAQ

Ok i read...sorry i should have know. So if i get a (205/40/17) wheel. I should infact sit lower? But will get my speedo off by 1.9 mph. Can you get that adjusted?

Monday, April 04, 2005 7:52 PM
IMO you better just leave it that way. Just be aware of it and drive according to the speed difference.

Monday, April 04, 2005 8:01 PM
Actually in the FAQ it doesnt show the speed differnce from Stock 16 to (205/40/17)

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 4:44 AM
^^ Visit www.1010tires.com..... They have THE BEST wheel and tire calculator. Will show you the speedo difference, rev's per mile, overall height difference, EVERYTHING you need to know when switching rims and tire size's......

A 205 40 17 is alot smaller OD then your stock 16's. Its only techically 5.0 mph faster on your speedo, but it would be better to swtich sizes.. Going with a 235 45 17 will be exactly the same size overall diameter as your stock 205 55 16's. That would be the best way to go..... And depending on the tire, it will give you a good rim protector from anything from a 7.5 inch wheel, to a 8.5 inch wheel... That would be recommend for your car.

But on that 10 10 website you can mess around with any tire size you want, and find what you think is best... Good Luck... Post up pics of the wheels when you get them.

Draggin' That A**
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search