tires.com (Tire Discount Company) - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tires.com (Tire Discount Company)
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 11:23 AM
Need maybe some suggestions/advice...

i ordered some rims/tires from Tire Discount Company on 3/25 at their raleigh store.. the guy i ordered them from, assistant manager, said they'd arrive in a few days and he'd call me. We had talked about how I needed my current tires off by 4/1 because they're studded and because of VA law have to be off by then. I waited 4 business days (5 if you count that day), and called on 3/31 to ask their shipping status... the person wouldn't look them up for me, just said i'd get a call when they come in and that it was 1-5 business days. I was kinda ticked by that response, but whatever... I called the next day expecting they'd be in, being the 5th (or 6th) business day... and spoke with the same guy. He said they weren't in, but could be in any day now, probably a few days. This got me even a little madder, and I asked if I could cancel my order. He kept putting me on hold, saying they'd be in Monday for sure. So I call Monday.. and theguy I talked to was pretty sure they weren't in. I kept talking and talking, he put me on hold.... 5 minutes later came back and said they were in (miracously). I was excited... so I took a day off from work and drove down to raleigh from richmond. I get there..... they mount the drivers side first... then tell me to come out and see if i like how it looks. I went out there.... and its the wrong freakin rim. They didn't even show to me before they mount/balanced it. Its the right design, wrong color. I thought maybe I f'd up so I checked my order form/invoice they gave me, compared it to the numbers on the site, and I didn't..... they just sent the wrong one. My friends think that my shipment really didn't come in, they just called around town (which i notice they do a lot of while i was in there) and found my rim (18" Konig Reasons)... but in the wrong color.... silver.. not gray.

I can't deal with these people anymore.. I left. I drove back here to VA and as soon as I got in called the regional office and I guess the "VP" is calling me back. Any suggestions for what to say to this guy? I'm definately not driving back down there again... im so pissed right now

~amanda

Re: tires.com (Tire Discount Company)
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 12:43 PM
well id bitch that they even ordered my rims and if they did, they @!#$ up and ordered the wrong ones. demand a refund and go some where else.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 6:29 PM
wow. ive ordered from them twice before. once was a rim/tire set the other was just tires. both orders came correct. shipped out quick too. however i did make sure what i wanted was in stock before i ordered. i also ordered online not from one of thier retail outlets.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Thursday, April 07, 2005 10:32 PM
I would have just ask them to take some money off. Silver, grey $200 or so would make me not notice.

03 Cavalier LS
Ecotec 5 Speed
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search