Help me decide > Rims - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help me decide > Rims
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 8:53 AM
Alright, well my friend is buying my 17" Exels off of me, so I am now in the market for some 18's

I'm really looking at Motegis, since they are really good looking wheels that don't cost an arm and a leg.

If anyone has any opinions on wheels not shown here, please let me know and provide a link...

By the way they are going on a 98 Z24 > Red > Stock suspension

White MR7's > Probably the most overdone wheel ever, but I really like them still ( Even though my exels were ripoffs of these, only in silver )

Gun Metal DP6's > I'm really thinking about going darker on the rims, in case I want to do a carbon fiber hood at some point. Again, the whole dark rims/carbon fiber thing is overdone too, but what can you do?

Hyper Black FF7's > Really good looking rims, I like the fact that they are darker, but not as dark as the gunmetal. And the clean, indy style lug look really appeals to me...

So I think I'm down to these 3. I'm looking to get 18's but the cashflow might now allow it so I might end up going with 17's instead...

So lets hear your opinions...

Re: Help me decide > Rims
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 9:24 AM
dp6's

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 9:45 AM
Hyper Black FF7's Defiently, I just ordered them for my Sunfire, can't wait to get em. They will be on and with pics on Monday, but if your like me I woudlnt wanna wait either.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:37 PM
what size did you get?

prices/where from?

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 3:20 PM
dp6.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:33 PM
Well after hours of thinking and looking and thinking some more...

I ended up going with the 18" Glossy Black FF7's, even though I know I didn't list the glossy black...

Now I just need to order some tires for them, get em mounter and balanced and I'm set...

Thursday, April 07, 2005 12:31 AM
FF7, later

pic coming soon

"Live Life To The Fullest" "Customize Everything"
Thursday, April 07, 2005 11:46 AM
MR7's

hugs and hand pounds, peace
Thursday, April 07, 2005 8:19 PM
I have the DP6's in gunmetal and they look awesome on a red cavy! I wish I had pics for you. Definitely go with 18's.The polished lips makes them look smaller then they really are.
Friday, April 08, 2005 1:48 AM
I'd think polished would make them look bigger since it's defining the ouline of the rim...hmm

Saturday, April 09, 2005 5:49 PM
if you wanna see what they look like installed, I have the 18" FF7's in gloss black on my 04 Fire. I have pics posted on www.cardomain.com/id/liquifydpleazur . The polished lip really doesnt do a whole lot to make them "appear" any bigger. I am runnin 215/35 Kumho's on em. Great tire, but I think I will be bumping up to 40 series on my next purchase. Look way too small in the wheel wells. Thats only if I dont get my bags on before then. Hope this helps.

LiLiNoRe (Live Life No Regrets)

Sunday, April 10, 2005 2:16 AM
Wow, those 18's actually look reall small...

I hope they don't seem that small on my car, I guess we shall see...

Sunday, April 10, 2005 5:10 AM
yeah, but it aint the rim, its the wheel well...for some reason Pontiac loves those huge, narrow wheel wells...I couldnt go any bigger, at least from what the tire place was telling me who ordered/installed em...which was odd to me, cause usually bigger means more money, and they would have just let me rub and tell me to screw off...but, thats why Im gettin bags for it...at least when its sittin they wont look as small, ya know?

LiLiNoRe (Live Life No Regrets)
Sunday, April 10, 2005 10:40 PM
Yea...

So you think it wont be as bad for my cav? I went with 225/40 series tires so they will be a little bigger than yours...

It should look decent. My cavs not kitted or anything though...

We shall see, hopefully within the next week or so, since they are on backorder...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search