need help on tire choice please. - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need help on tire choice please.
Monday, April 11, 2005 10:42 AM
Hey all!!

well here's the deal. my 17" rims are getting powder coated and i need new rubbers.

here are the ones i have to choose from

Falkin Azenis st-115

Dunlop FM 901

Falkin 451

some other info that you should know

i'd like to get them in 225/45/r17 but it looks like i may have to settle for 215/45/R17. Do you think that i should hold out for the 225 or get the 215. I know the speed reprecautions for each size.

another thing is that i will be lowering my car 1.5" all around and that i autoX. The reason why i didn't go with the Azenis sports is because this is my daily driver and i want a tire that is good in the rain/ wet conditions. and the reason why i don't run r comp is because i want to race the car as i drive the car everyday

thank you for your input.

Re: need help on tire choice please.
Monday, April 11, 2005 9:17 PM
Well, I just ordered some 17" rims, and I got the Fuzion ZRi 225/45/17 and it seems like they will work out really good. I have heard alot of good things about these tires, even wet. the coll thing is that they have a lip that will protect the edge of the rim. IMO i think these would be good, i'll let ya know how they run when they get put on.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:56 AM
onlinetire.com has Dunlop Fm 901in 225/45/17 for $101. I just oredered 4 federal 225/40/18 Z-rated tire from the mat $85 a piece. they have great deals check them out

hugs and hand pounds, peace
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:17 AM
i'd like to thank you guys who did reply. After talking with my Solo2 friends the choice is Falken 451. sadly they will be 215/45/17 total $760CDN includes mount, balance, tuner lugs, and new valve stems.

now i need that Canadian suspension GP to get going.... i'll be 4x4ing till i get my new suspension

lates

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 11:31 AM
Modfire wrote:i'd like to thank you guys who did reply. After talking with my Solo2 friends the choice is Falken 451. sadly they will be 215/45/17 total $760CDN includes mount, balance, tuner lugs, and new valve stems.

now i need that Canadian suspension GP to get going.... i'll be 4x4ing till i get my new suspension

lates

Try this out:

http://www.j-body.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10108

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 12:09 PM
very interesting

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search