17" vs 18" can i get some input.. - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
17" vs 18" can i get some input..
Friday, April 22, 2005 2:45 PM
ok, i have just rebuilt my suspension after a pretty bad crash. everything is perfect. i had a set of 17" konigs, i had a crack in one so i bought a set of enkei 18" rims.. well my car handles very bad now. I have the suspension set up for cornering, strut bars, braces, camber kit, i know it can handle but it just isnt performing to the level i expected. i have played with coil over heights, nothing is making it better. could it be that bad to roll 18" wheels?

Re: 17" vs 18" can i get some input..
Friday, April 22, 2005 3:53 PM
18's should handle just fine, what is your car doing exactly? sure it was fixed right?
do you have cheap tires on the 18's and better ones on the 17's?

it could be alot of different things...

Friday, April 22, 2005 4:54 PM
no actually the tires on the 18" are dunlop, i dont know the model off hand, but the 17" have falken tires, again i dont know the exact model off hand. as far as what it is doing it feels light... like its gonna break traction at any time in a corner, when i used to be able to take some corners at higher speeds with the 17".. i think im gonna try some bridgestone potenza pole postions if that dosent work im going back to 17".
Sunday, April 24, 2005 7:18 PM
18" should actually be better for handling then 17, of course unless they are massively heavier, if they arent too much heavier then they should be better for handling, of course tire size has a lot to do with it also, hope this helps, later

pic coming soon

"Live Life To The Fullest" "Customize Everything"
Sunday, April 24, 2005 8:20 PM
id definately try some better tires. i mean i went from my stock 16s, to 18s, and now on my 19s. ive got the new fuzions on there and i love them. corners are no problem for me at all, even better with my 19s. sounds like youve jus got crappy tires.

"Lil Brudder! He's got the heart of a champion!"
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 6:07 PM
thanks yall for the input, i did decide it was the tire.. i lost the dunlops and went to a bridgestone pole postision, finished off my credit card but well workth it... these things are like glue...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search