LOST LUG KEY> HELP> - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LOST LUG KEY> HELP>
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 2:12 AM
ok guys. i jsut had a question for you guys. i have some 17" motegi's and they came with rim locks on them. being the "organized" guy i am, i lost the key. so is there anyway to get the lugs off when i need to change the tire. any help is appreciated.

Re: LOST LUG KEY> HELP>
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:07 AM
go get a new key thats about all you can do.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 8:10 AM
is'nt there some kind of universal key that i can just buy from autozone or something like that?
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 2:16 PM
Are they a stock locking nut, or an aftermarket one? If stock, you can get a new key from the dealer... most likely special order. If its aftermarket, you need to go back to the place that sold them to you. They wil probally have one if its the spline "tuner" style nuts. They look like a locking key, but they are just smaller diameter... not an actual different design for every set. You can buy lock removal tools at the local parts store, but depending on the wheel, most of the time these won't fit into the aftermarket wheels. So basically... you need a new lock key.. Or a saw's all.

Draggin' That A**
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 3:10 PM
mine has a # on it, I've always thought thats how the company would know which kind it is

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Thursday, April 28, 2005 6:17 PM
Motegi changes their keys every couple of months... I think that is dumb for us non organized people like me. Contact Motegi and see if they have any still around

Friday, April 29, 2005 10:49 AM
dont worry about it....ill come steal ur rims this weekend

Monday, May 02, 2005 8:32 AM
Good luck getting a new key. I had the same problem only I never had a key for my lugs. I bought the car and didn't realize it had locking lugs, went to get new tires put on and they were like you got the key for your lugs and I was like wtf what key. Needless to say they couldn't change my tires. Went to autoparts stores looking for a new key and they said they don't carry them and even if they did they couldn't sell me one. Can't sell them cause some one could just buy a key to use to steal rims. So I went to tires plus and they had a key that fit my lugs. After they got done changing my tires I got the bill and found out they charged me 5 bucks per locking lug to take them off. Boy was I pissed. Any way good luck.

Monday, May 02, 2005 10:54 AM
they make a wheel lock removal kit it has like 10 different ones but im not sure how much it is, i got mine for free.

nothing
Monday, May 02, 2005 5:34 PM
Yeah, just go out to tire barn and they can take it off...its the same thing they use for stripped lugs, they just beat it over the lock and then twist it off...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search