how about a hack saw? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how about a hack saw?
Friday, April 29, 2005 12:55 PM
hey guys...these are my new rims and tires..just got them on today..HOWEVER...as you can see on this ONE wheel i cant get the caps to fit on cus the spindle is too long
is it ok if i just take a hack saw to this thing? or is there a better way to do it..i need at least an inch to make the cap fit....any suggestions?

THE GUY SURE LOOKS LIKE PLANT FOOD TO ME!!!

Re: how about a hack saw?
Friday, April 29, 2005 1:35 PM
i have the same question, though im pretty sure everybody will say dont cut the spindle, no matter how little you cut

Land Pirates sail the open roads
DISCLAIMER: If anything I say offends you, I don't care..wear a helmet. Also, the information
I post is what I know to the best of my knowledge. If I am wrong, please correct me so that
others as well as myself may learn.
Premium sinc 6-17-04
Friday, April 29, 2005 2:40 PM
Yep just trim it off alittle.. there was a topic about this not too long ago.... I had to do my truck spindles to get the lexani's on as well... No biggie.. But a saws all or high speed grinder with cut off disk will be easier then hack saw...

Draggin' That A**
Friday, April 29, 2005 3:33 PM
cut the spindle? if you mean the "excess" of the cv axel... then yes you can cut some off, just make sure you don't take to much off.

Friday, April 29, 2005 5:42 PM
Trim it down some. My rims were the same way. Caps went on the back fine, but wouldn't go on the front. We grinded mine down with a grinder. The caps fit fine now!
=)
Friday, April 29, 2005 8:52 PM
good to hear!

now i just have to get the shorter lug nuts to fit under teh cap!

Land Pirates sail the open roads
DISCLAIMER: If anything I say offends you, I don't care..wear a helmet. Also, the information
I post is what I know to the best of my knowledge. If I am wrong, please correct me so that
others as well as myself may learn.
Premium sinc 6-17-04
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search