215mm tires - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
215mm tires
Monday, May 02, 2005 10:51 PM
like it says, I wanna run P215/60-R15's on my stock steelies, any body doing this?
any problems?

thx

kyle

Re: 215mm tires
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 2:43 PM
I guess the only problem would be messing up your speedometer reading. I would stick with 195/65

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 5:07 PM
Derek724 wrote:I guess the only problem would be messing up your speedometer reading. I would stick with 195/65

not even..works out to pretty much the same diameter. i would say you shouldn't have a problem with your speedo. there is a slight difference but like minimal to make any difference with the speedo. your pretty much good to go with that size (215/60/15). Although i highly doubt that you will notice any differnce at all with the 215's. on the OEM steelies it will prob even look the same..but thats just my input
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 5:22 PM
EdgeZ24 wrote:
i highly doubt that you will notice any differnce at all with the 215's. on the OEM steelies it will prob even look the same..but thats just my input

thanks for input guys, yes the spedo will be off, but not enough to make a diffrence. As for looks, that is not why I am wanting to do this...lol, but the 215s will hook better than then the 195s, because of the bigger contact area. My main concern was if the tire would fit on the rim, but it looks like it will......thanks again guys

kyle
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search