Spare tire - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spare tire
Monday, May 02, 2005 9:55 AM
Since i have 17's on my car, im sure that if i had to use my spare 14in doughnut , it would not fit right because of the other tires being so big. I was wondering if anybody knows where i could get a 16in spare doughnut or from what car would one work from?

Re: Spare tire
Monday, May 02, 2005 9:57 AM
it will fit right, it will just make your car look lower on that side. i wouldnt worry about it since you really only use the donut to get home or to a tire shop. its not intended for daily driving. i believe if you search this forum, there is a thread about putting a bigger tire on the donut.

Monday, May 02, 2005 10:49 AM
Your 17's shouldn't be any taller than your stock tires so the spare should fit the same as it always has.

Now if you're lowered or have a lower than stock body kit, then you may have issues with it.

Monday, May 02, 2005 8:49 PM
im having that problem too.....i am lowered, i have 17 tenzo shu 10's, on some really really low profile tires, not sure the size, bought the car with them, i should probably look but o well....i have had to put it up on a jack a few times for my underglow, and i had to drive it on boards b4 i could get a jack under it, number one, i am screwed if i get a flat, there is no way i will be able to get a jack under it to fix the spare tire, any1 know what to do in that situation, and i have spline drive lugs, so the socket thing provided wont even do the trick, so basically, im %&$#ed.
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 6:49 AM
yea, i was looking for a taller spare, but most cars that have them are 5 x 114 and because of the design of the spare rim, it cannot be redrilled........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 2:37 PM
Back when I could still use the donut spare, I used to keep a set of stock lugnuts in my console to use if I ever needed to put it on.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search