Wheel Nut Locks..the spinning type, anyone know?? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wheel Nut Locks..the spinning type, anyone know??
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 6:49 PM
looking for this wheel lock i saw once on a car. it's got the usual weird shape ingraved to the front of the wheel nut but around the side of the nut its self is a sleeve that spins..kinda like a bearing. in other words if you hammered a socket on the wheel nut it would only grab onto the sleeve and not the bolt. which would only allow it to spin. ne-waz i'm pretty sure you get the image..sooo where do i buy'em...i can't find these anywhere..all help is great..thanx

Re: Wheel Nut Locks..the spinning type, anyone know??
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 6:51 PM
Sounds kind of like my Mcguard splinedrive kit.. not too sure what you mean but they have something like that..
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 7:28 AM
yea sounds like a spline drive it. you can find them on summitracing.com 12x1.5

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 4:53 PM
naw completely different..those you can hammer a socket on them and they turn. not really anti-theft.. "These" are something that i'm looking for. the the exterior sleeve spins freely. They are just locks that you place over the origanle lug nuts and lock with a key. the ones i can't find(but have seen) are like those i linked but its all one unit and a lug nut lock key similar to Mc Guards
Thursday, May 05, 2005 1:22 PM
The Mcguard splinedrives are not really anti-theft, since you can buy the key for $10.

Jay

One huge aluminum wing - $200
More vinyl graphics than your ride can handle - $150
Decals for products you don’t even have - $10
500lbs of Car Audio equipment in the trunk - $1500
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting slaughtered by a KIA - Priceless
Sunday, May 08, 2005 12:29 PM
Exactly.......I had the splinedrives on my rims and the thieves took the rims, tires and tuner lugs and left the splinedrives behind like they were'nt even worth stealing......now when I get new rims.....I was thinking......I could get 5 diferent kinds of wheel locks......put one of each on every wheel.....maybe they would take the whole car...then it would be worth it ....yeah....yeah....ha..ha.
Ruben

REVIN' ECOTEC 2.2L
Sunday, May 08, 2005 12:34 PM
quick note on theft...

if a theif wants it, he will get it.... as long as its not an idiot theif.

if the theif is efficient and experienced

-car alarms dont stop theives
-no lock will stop a theif (some will torch the lugnut off, re-powdercoating a wheel isnt much money)
-"the club" will not stop a theif.

these things tend to deter the local dumb idiots, but if a theif wants something bad enough he or she will get it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search