Painting my factory hubcaps... - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Painting my factory hubcaps...
Sunday, May 08, 2005 1:39 PM

I'm looking to paint my factory stock hubcaps so that they have the same kind of look as the one on the right:

--->

What kind of tips can anyone give me?

Re: Painting my factory hubcaps...
Sunday, May 08, 2005 2:48 PM
dear god just ride on steelies instead

Not unintentionally accelerating since 2009!!!!

Sunday, May 08, 2005 4:31 PM
KandyMan...Das Deutsche. wrote:dear god just ride on steelies instead

agreed. painting them will make it look tacky but if thats what you wanna do, by all means go ahead. i would just rock steelies for now

Sunday, May 08, 2005 6:39 PM
My 2 cents....

In my opinion those wouldn't look too good painted...

The 95-99 Cavalier hubcaps.. I believe they were popular on almost all the J's... plastic middle with the metal trim ring.. I've seen those painted, leaving the trim ring chrome, and they definitely looked good....

Whichever you decide, make sure you spend a lot of time doing the prep work properly, and your paint job should come out with satisfying results.

I know it's JUST a Cavalier, and I'm sorry if I hurt your ego.
Sunday, May 08, 2005 6:48 PM
im gonna tell u from experience. just ride on steelies with no hubcaps. on my old 2000 Cavalier the first thing i did was paint my hubcaps. alot hated it some like it and i was hard to decide. Trust me just dont paint em.
here is a picture of what they looked like. After a week i ended up taking them off, sanding my steelies down and painting them a gloss black becuz they were rusted(and no i did not paint the hub caps while on the steelies, i dunno why they look like i did)

Monday, May 09, 2005 10:52 AM
Does anyone have pics of there car with sanded down steelies? Does anyone paint their steelies any other color besides black? What type of paint do you all recommend. I looking to get a nice look for my wheels without having to shell out for new rims at the moment. Most of my money is being saved for other mods for now, but I wouldn't mind changing to look of my wheels by working with what I have for now.
Monday, May 09, 2005 4:45 PM

yay steelies!

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

UNLIMITED streaming online movies
Monday, May 09, 2005 6:14 PM
don't even bother trying to fix up your hubcaps or any of that crap. just take them off and look around for a good deal on tires and rims. i got my 17" mr7's with tires for 400 bucks for the set.
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:50 PM
I went through the phase of trying to fix up my hubcaps when I didn't have money for wheels. Big mistake, just steelies would have looked better. Learn from my mistake and others!

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Thursday, May 12, 2005 6:06 AM
wikkymaster: Just want to point out that nothing says "I mod my car with the cheapest garbage I can get my hands on" like a set of Dropzone coilovers on a Cavalier. With that in mind... I really wouldn't advertize that you have them!! The less people know... the better!

Thursday, May 12, 2005 1:02 PM
i dont know where lewistown is in pa but i live in jersey by the pa/del boarder, like 20 mins from philly. i got a set of 17s that i will sell to you cheap. probably 400 or less

Monday, May 23, 2005 12:05 PM
steelies please!!

happy happy joy joy

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search