how do i clean my tires? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how do i clean my tires?
Monday, May 16, 2005 10:04 AM
i dont need to just shine them, they have this crap from road treatment on them, makes them greenish

when i tire shine it goes away, but i need a way to permanntely clean them... any ideas?

Re: how do i clean my tires?
Monday, May 16, 2005 11:46 AM
scub them w/ a pad i guess. i dont know i never had that on mine. i would assume a slightly rough pad would take it off.

Monday, May 16, 2005 1:44 PM
simple green wesleys bleach white or something of that nature. tire srub brush on the stiffer side. wet tire soak in cleaner srub rinse. avoid direct sunlight if possible(dries cleaner to quick). a heated pressure washer helps too, but good results can be achived with a garden hose. its a good idea to do this before applying tire dressings anyway. the shine will be depper and the dressing will last a bit longer. oh yeah carefull of your rims.
Monday, May 16, 2005 1:59 PM
wut about my rims.. wut would it do to them? eat the paint?

Monday, May 16, 2005 3:09 PM
use greased lighting cleaner on your wheels and tires scrub the tires with a stiff brush, you will also notice you get a dull shine.

Monday, May 16, 2005 8:57 PM
Purple Power

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 7:39 PM
I second DAsKARR i use greased lightning, I also have a wheel cover that i use when i am cleaning my tires. clean the tires then the rims then cover the rims again and spray my tires with some meguiars nxt tire shine mine are still looking good after almost 2 weeks

Thursday, May 19, 2005 6:37 PM
purple power or greased lighting are fine too, what i suggested where off the top of my head. im a detailer of 7 years so most of the products i use are not available in a store
your rims should be fine, american raceing wheels tend to be a bit fussy if your not carefull.just dont let the cleaner dry they streeck easy. nothing to worry about. you can always polish them. dnacustoms suggestion a bout a wheel cover is a good idea, exspecialy when dressing, it attracts brake dust etc and just @!#$ty looking running off nice clean rims.
Thursday, May 19, 2005 6:45 PM
Nope.

Scrubbing Bubbles toilet cleaner.

i swear to god man that stuff works wonders. Spray it on... let it set... scrub it with a brush and your tires are golden.

as for the rims Any spray on, set in, and spray off stuff should do the trick... If not get the polish out and start hand polishing the rims.

Thursday, May 19, 2005 9:32 PM
tuff stuff and theres is a tool to clean them.. you can get it auto zone they have better stuff then tuff stuff but thats what i use shines em righ tup

Monday, May 23, 2005 6:29 PM
If you're worried about getting the product (I also use either Greased Lightning or Bleach White) on your wheels, wet everything down with the hose, then spray the cleaner onto a scrub brush. This way, you can scrub just the tires and avoid getting it on the rims.

Monday, May 23, 2005 7:05 PM
chad hoffman wrote:a heated pressure washer helps too, but good results can be achived with a garden hose.

Be careful when you use a pressure washer on tires it's not really a good idea. Too powerful of a pressure washer can damage your tire by putting slices into it. Being a manager of a tire shop seen to many idiots slice there sidewalls open usually on trucks moreso than cars.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search