Directional Tires - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Directional Tires
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 10:27 PM
My Sunfire is going to need new tires soon and I found a set of BF Goodrich (I don't recall the model off the top of my head), but they're directional. Will this cause a problem if I have to go in reverse with snow on the ground?

Re: Directional Tires
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 10:34 PM
just don't drive in reverse around town and you'll be fine

Thursday, May 26, 2005 4:45 AM
it only really makes a difference in rain. well atleast mine did. when i had my car repainted they decided to swap the tires and they were on the wrong side. i didnt even look because i didnt think they would do that. so i went out and i couldnt get control of my car pass 40 in the rain. i got home and found out why.

Thursday, May 26, 2005 11:15 AM
That's because tread really only does anything for you in the rain or snow (and maybe dirt/gravel but I'm not sure about that).

If you lived in the desert, you could run smooth tires (slicks) and benefit from the extra traction. The tread is there to evacuate water or dig into snow or ice.

So that's when you'll notice the huge difference from running them backwards.

Thursday, May 26, 2005 11:56 PM
I had P20555HR16 BFG Traction T/A's on my 02' cavalier and they went fine in reverse and great going forward if thats the tire your talking about I would go with it... All my customers I talk to love it to so shoot go for it...

We have become part of something much more complicated than you or I will ever fully comprehend. We build more than just trucks. . . we build friendships, we build futures, we build our dreams. We drive our trucks low and hold our heads high because we have an unwritten and unspoken agreement that we will live life to the fullest and never fall fall victim to 'the norm'. Others laugh at us when we spend hours on end working on our trucks, yet shake our hands when we are done.
-Wyatt strange-
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search