rim damage - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rim damage
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 8:43 PM
my friend has a set of konig rims and hit a pothole and now air leaks out between the lip and tire, is this fixable? the lip is bend a little bit.

Re: rim damage
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 9:18 PM
depends how bad and really how safe you want to be. If you do try bending it back be carefull because aluminum will crack. If it's steel wack away but aluminum you have to be carful. If it's just a slight bend maybe only really leaks allot when going over that certain spot I would take it to a tire shop and see if they can clean the bead and seal it with some bead sealer. I took my friends 18 Assasin which had a bend that was creased and cleaned the bead and bead sealed the crap out of it and it still holds air. One problem I noticed tho which his didn't do is you tend to get a bubble in your tire there wether it be from lack of support of from the impact is your call...

We have become part of something much more complicated than you or I will ever fully comprehend. We build more than just trucks. . . we build friendships, we build futures, we build our dreams. We drive our trucks low and hold our heads high because we have an unwritten and unspoken agreement that we will live life to the fullest and never fall fall victim to 'the norm'. Others laugh at us when we spend hours on end working on our trucks, yet shake our hands when we are done.
-Wyatt strange-
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search