Tired for 18x7.5? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tired for 18x7.5?
Thursday, June 09, 2005 5:22 AM
What would be the ideal tire size for these rims?

Also, what kind of tire should I buy? It's my daily driver, RWD, I don't race, or BS. But I want the tires to last as long as possible.

Thanks for any and all help fella's.

The Most Valuable Network

Re: Tires for 18x7.5?
Thursday, June 09, 2005 6:14 AM
Tires* We need an edit button.

Thursday, June 09, 2005 1:14 PM
i dont think its all the same. it would depend on what comes stock on your car i believe. i could be wrong though

Thursday, June 09, 2005 4:38 PM
I work at a tire shop and the tire i see lasting the longest(if maintained like rotated every 5k) is a BF Goodrich KDW's if u want an awesome tire. My freind has a 1998 mustang putting 450+ hp to the wheels and he has the BFG KDW's on and he has had them for the last 3 months and still has full tread and performs like the #1 performing tire on the market should. I would prolly run a 255/35/Z18 or as close to it as u can.

RICE DONT MEAN YOUR SLOW
Friday, June 10, 2005 4:27 AM
Quote:

I work at a tire shop and the tire i see lasting the longest(if maintained like rotated every 5k) is a BF Goodrich KDW's if u want an awesome tire. My freind has a 1998 mustang putting 450+ hp to the wheels and he has the BFG KDW's on and he has had them for the last 3 months and still has full tread and performs like the #1 performing tire on the market should. I would prolly run a 255/35/Z18 or as close to it as u can.

Hey, much appreciated.. I'm off to work right now, so I can't check.. How much would that tire, at that size, run?

Once again, very much appreciated.

Friday, June 10, 2005 7:23 AM
What kind of car are you putting them on? We need to know that to determine the proper size.

Friday, June 10, 2005 7:37 AM
-- Reaper -- wrote:Hey, much appreciated.. I'm off to work right now, so I can't check.. How much would that tire, at that size, run?

I have to get a new BF Goodrich G-Force KDWS tire for my GTO, and the size on that is 245/45/ZR17.... and that is going to run me around $150 at Discount Tire.

So you're probably looking at a little more than that.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Tuesday, June 21, 2005 7:12 PM
yah for a 18 its about 180-200+ each but you could look at the KDW Sports which are cheaper and are compareable in performance and still look cool. LATER

RICE DONT MEAN YOUR SLOW
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search