Which is better? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Which is better?
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 8:59 AM
Size: 215/35/19
Brands: Pirelli P-Zeros or Falken Azeni's ST-115's

I am having a hard time deciding which tire to get. They both have about the same rating for handling wet and dry and almost everything the same except the Tread wear is higher on the Pirellis are higher but they are also $30 more/tire.
Any input?

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!
Check out my site http://members.cardomain.com/lil_z

Re: Which is better?
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:38 AM
depending on how much higher the tire wear is (which i dont think would be alot) i would go w/ the falkens.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 10:46 AM
....falken 115s...they are the new ones with the assymetrical, weird pattern, right? im sure they are real grippy tires...but I am running a set of pirelli pzero neros (205/4516s), and they are AWESOME. I got mine for about 100bux a tire...pirelli's come stock on porsche 911 turbos, im gonna have to put my stock in those. plus, id think that the more conventional tread pattern on the pirellis would wear a lot slower than the wild pattern on the 115s...though im not a tire guy.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 11:39 AM
thats what she said. the pirellis wear is higher but i cant imagine how much of a difference that could be. if they are all the same except the tread wear rating, then i would get the falkens. 120 bucks doesnt seem worth it for a little higher tread rating. you can still get good use out of the falkens

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 4:45 PM
The UTQG for the Pirellis are 400-AA-A and the Falkens are 360-A-A...
The Pirellis are P-Zero Neros too...
I am no tire expert but from what I read the Pirellis are better traction and better temperature rating than the Falkens...

I am just looking for peoples opinion...I am not rich but I want a tire that is going to last me as long as possible....

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!
Check out my site http://members.cardomain.com/lil_z

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:46 PM
I was in the same situation, and was considering the very same tires, same sizes even.. Search for opinions on the falkens, almost everything I read said that the treadwear wasn't even close to the rated 360. I think I looked on epinions.com maybe, could've been somewhere else though.. I can't remember..

"If life throws you a curve, pop the clutch and drift it!"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search