Tires out of Balance or car out of alignment HELP - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tires out of Balance or car out of alignment HELP
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 7:16 PM
Just wondering how it feels when you tires are our of balance.

I was trying to dictate if it was that or the car was out of alignment. I let go of the steering wheel but the car does go straight but the steering wheel isnt exactly centered so idk someone help me out on this.

When i accelerate i get a slight shudder coming from the front end and even when i let off it is sorta still there so i am not too sure help me out on this one.

>>>> SPONSERED BY: Cavalier Extreme <<<<

Re: Tires out of Balance or car out of alignment HELP
Wednesday, June 15, 2005 4:42 PM
BlitzedJ wrote:I let go of the steering wheel but the car does go straight but the steering wheel isnt exactly centered so idk someone help me out.

Same here!

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 6:54 PM
mines the same way and i just had them balance the wheels and align the car...

what steering wheel is just something they can fix with the proper adjustment to the front alignment. as far as the shudder mines about 55-75 mph i'm just hoping it;s still just a wheel out of balance and not a slight bend in the rim from the numerous potholes everywhere.

best thing is take it someplace tell them what it;s doing and request a balance and 4 wheel alignment...just make sure it's 4 wheels and not just the front. some times they have somethign where they only do the fronts...

Thursday, June 16, 2005 8:41 AM
^^^ i was told by a loacl shop that The rear end on a cavalier could not be aligned so idk

>>>> SPONSERED BY: Cavalier Extreme <<<<
Re: Tires out of Balance or car out of alignment H
Thursday, June 16, 2005 10:52 AM
mine did the same shudder at high speeds. i just had new tires put on yesterday, and i don't notice it anymore. hope fully it was just outta balance.
Saturday, June 18, 2005 5:13 PM
BlitzedJ wrote:^^^ i was told by a loacl shop that The rear end on a cavalier could not be aligned so idk

I was told it has to be done with alignment shims
Saturday, June 18, 2005 11:09 PM
Do-it yourself alignment check/adjustment.
Here's something to do in the weekends.. in case one wonders if the alignment machine did its job properly.

http://www.allpar.com/fix/alignment.html
Re: Tires out of Balance or car out of alignment H
Sunday, June 19, 2005 8:22 AM
Hey there guys.... I had the same issue with my car another possiblity could be a wheel bearing.... Cost me like $300 to have it fixed but such is life....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search