Some rim problems. - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Some rim problems.
Friday, June 17, 2005 5:26 AM
K, if you could kindly read this post from off-topic, explaining my problems and give ms eomse advise on what exactly I can do to fix this, it'd me much appreciated.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=5&i=400872&t=400872

Also, as I looked at my rims this morning, I noticed the two rims they put on the front of my car, wore down a little where the caliper was rubbing, as if they had spun it around a couple hundred times trying to wear it out.

I was thinking now, that may cause some problems? It is very minimal, but I'd still like to double check. Also, longer studs will make it so the center cap doesn't fit. Is it possible to shave the caliper down slightly?

I e-mailed the guy and since the tires were mounted there is no returns, and I talked to the place that put tires on, and they're now denying any problems done to the rim. It's starting to sound like I'm just screwed, and I'm stuck with a set of rims that will never fit, or if they do fit, will be extremely unbalanced.

Someone help me out here, I'm beggin ya.

The Most Valuable Network
MONSTER GUMMY BEAR!

Re: Some rim problems.
Friday, June 17, 2005 5:31 AM
whats the offset of the rims? i know you said your center cap isnt fitting because of the lugs. are you getting 12x1.5 lugs?

Friday, June 17, 2005 5:42 AM
it's a +38 offset.

Again, the rears are perfect, couldn't fit better, front won't work. Rubs the caliper without the spacer, with the spacer the lugs won't fit, and with longer studs, the center cap won't fit.

I honestly don't know what size lugs are on there right nw, since I had 5 different sets. I'll check and get back to you on that.

This has not been worth it....

Now, that's with it set on there no spacer. But it's rubbing (im not driving it like that) but again, if I put the spacer on, none of the lugs I've had will fit.

MONSTER GUMMY BEAR!
Friday, June 17, 2005 10:10 AM
Sorry I cant help man...but i really do feel for u....it felt like this week couldnt get any worse.... Hang int here bud it will be alright...

Later

www.teamexoticimage.com / myspace.com/02on19s

Friday, June 17, 2005 10:59 AM
I appreciate it man, I do. It's quite stressful, cause I fee like I lost a ton of money on this, all over an 1/8th of an inch and a bunch of idiots at Mavis..

I just wish there was some way this would work. ugh.

MONSTER GUMMY BEAR!
Friday, June 17, 2005 12:25 PM
The spacer goes between the wheel and the hub. So with the longer lugs AND the spacer, the center cap will fit just fine.

You have lugs that fit behind the center caps now. Get lugs that longer by exactly the width of the spacer you're going to use.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search