Lug Nuts GRRR...... - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lug Nuts GRRR......
Saturday, June 18, 2005 3:22 PM
Ok I have gotten almost all of my questions answered so far so here we go ill try agian... I have konig elan rims on the car they are 16" but i cant get the lug nuts off.... While moving the adapter to take them off has come up missing. i was using a 3/8" adapter to take them off but I have almost stripped one of them and dont want to strip it the lugs are stuck. I dont want to strip the lug nuts but if i do and cant get the lug nuts off is there a solution? Can the wheel assembaly be removed without taking the tire off? can the wheel studs be removed from behind? Ill get a picture here in an hour or so and post it so you guys can see my issue. oh yeah the shop i got the originals from has switched lug nuts and can no longer get the adapter.... =(

Re: Lug Nuts GRRR......
Saturday, June 18, 2005 4:27 PM
take it to a tire shop and have them remove it. i broke my key off in one of my lugs and i took it to the shop. they hammered a big socket over the lug and got it off

Saturday, June 18, 2005 5:07 PM
Its a reverse lug. There is hole the thing goes into with smooth sides..... fits to tight to get a socket around thought about that already.... ill get a pic here in a few so ya can see my issue. thanks for the idea though.
Saturday, June 18, 2005 5:14 PM
mine was really tight too. the shop i went to had some certain set of sockets to pull it off

Saturday, June 18, 2005 5:16 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/ here is a pic take a look =)
Saturday, June 18, 2005 5:26 PM
Saturday, June 18, 2005 7:11 PM
try a magnet.... i snapped my key's end off and i thought i was @!#$... i got a magnet and it came right out.... or you can drill a pilot hole and then carefully screw a metal screw into the key head and pull it out.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search