squeaky hubcaps? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
squeaky hubcaps?
Sunday, May 15, 2005 7:59 PM
my stock hubcaps on my 03 cavy squeak like CRAZY...i've tried to tighten em up...but they always squeak. anyone else have this problem and/or a fix for it?

Re: squeaky hubcaps?
Sunday, May 15, 2005 8:33 PM
squeek when u drive?
Sunday, May 15, 2005 9:17 PM
FuSiOn 04 wrote:squeek when u drive?

yep...not just a little squeak either....you can hear me comin down the block, lmao.

Sunday, May 15, 2005 10:22 PM
i had the same problem, i tried that tape backed foam strips but eventually they squeeked too. Took em off and got some cheapy snap on pep boys hub caps, used them as motivation to finally invest in to some wheels. been great since

Sunday, May 15, 2005 10:26 PM
my hubcaps squeek too, u can almost hear it over my exhaust cant wait till i upgrade to rims
Sunday, May 15, 2005 11:59 PM
Every SINGLE 03+ that i've seen and rode in(including my 04) had the same problem.. My brother old 97 didn't have the squeeks though..

Couldn't tell ya how to fix em, besides take them off or get rims..

I'd bet it has to do with the fake plastic lugs, rubbing on the hubcap itself.. Just a thought.

"If life throws you a curve, pop the clutch and drift it!"
Monday, May 16, 2005 9:13 AM
it only seems to do it on one tire on mine, maybe im just not hearing all of them though
Monday, May 16, 2005 9:19 AM
^^^^ Me too it was only one of mine that squeked when I put them on as my winter tires, don't know what it was never found out. As for a fix I have no idea.

Monday, May 16, 2005 12:40 PM
i think i can deal with it till i get my rims in a couple weeks
Monday, May 16, 2005 3:27 PM
buying rims seems like an expensive fix...lol. i'm thinking about taking it into the dealer and tell em' to fix it ...or else!!

Monday, May 16, 2005 4:21 PM
If you're under warranty, take it in. There's a TSB on it. My '02 did the same thing, so they put small plastic insulators on the wheel covers. After about 4 months, enough of them had detached to the point where the covers were squeaking again.

"The J's weren't designed to be sports cars, the suspension sucks, the brakes are tiny, and the target market for our car doesn't need to be able to do any more than 65mph." - Shifted

A more accurate observation has never been typed. These should be the starting points before any serious performance modification. What's the point of making a serious performer if you can't control it's power?

Monday, May 16, 2005 5:12 PM
lol I can't believe this post!
this is awesome, every 03 and up I've seen just goes nuts.

I sometimes hear it coming and say "ohh cavalier is coming"
and sure enough one will pull around haha!

Yes it's that bad sometimes

Monday, May 16, 2005 5:18 PM
yea, i'm on warranty still...guess i'll take it in.

i'm surprised there wasn't a topic about this already, lol

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 10:19 AM
MY 04 cav hub caps squeeked likecrazy to. I brought it to the dealer, the took them of and put new ones on. they still squeek. Now if have rims for the summer. MY hubs are only on in the winter when my windows are up so i cant hear em. lol. But im not sure if there's anything to stop the squeeks, get new hubs. Just NOT spinning ones. lol

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 7:18 PM
LOL! I was at Meineke the other day getting my power steering pump replaced and exhaust put back up (broken clamps and flex piece on down pipe was totally broken...) and a guy brought in a 91 Cavalier station wagon complaining about squeaking front tires and he thought something was wrong with the suspension but it felt like it drove alright.

The mechanic that was working on it was going crazy trying to figure out what it was, he was looking all underneath the car and everything - took it out on multiple test drives trying to figure it out. Finally I saw the car roll out with a wheel cover missing and he came back in to talk to the manager and said, "That 91 is done, I have the wheel cover thrown on the passenger side floor, if he wants it back on he can put it on himself... that was the cause of the noise!"....

I about hit the floor laughing. Only reason I found out the outcome on the car was because I was up front paying for it when the mechanic was in plus I was being nosy and keeping an eye on my car making sure they were actually doing the work I was paying for without any scammy type stuff being pulled (babysitting - LOL)...

Friday, June 24, 2005 6:12 PM
took it to the dealer...they installed some sort of insulators, no more squeak!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search