question on these rims... - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question on these rims...
Friday, July 01, 2005 7:03 PM
im selling my excels(refer to sig) to my brothers friend and im looking to get these rims

lookin at them they look like the tire will stick out of the wheel well because of the thickness of the polished lip...but if you look at the curvature of the spokes it looks like the flange comes out even with the edge of the lip.....i should be good...right.....i hope you understand what im trying to say....thanks

konig freefalls 17 x 7 with a 40 mm offset.....but in gloss black

the first link gives you a better view of the rims and the second link is the color

yet again thanks for the help

Re: question on these rims...
Sunday, July 03, 2005 6:37 AM
not even and opinion.....???????.....should i go 17's or 18's

Sunday, July 03, 2005 8:19 AM
I would go with 18", but it's hard to choose a color on that wheel. The silver one highlights the "dots" more and has a subtle two-tone effect. While the black one has enough shiny pieces, especially after you put on the lug nuts, to look great. Even though the black/polished lip is pretty common, I would choose black. I think if they made the dots on the black one silver, it would look even better IMO.
Sunday, July 03, 2005 9:04 AM
any one have pic of black 18's or 18's of anykind with a 2 inch drop.....just want to see what it will look like......but if i plan on puting a turbo on next year then 17's would be ideal ...right?

Sunday, July 03, 2005 6:24 PM

my 18x8 with 2" drop its a prefect wheel gap .. rub once and awhile but its not a daily driver either ... lol

Monday, July 04, 2005 11:52 AM
im leaning towards 17x7's but i think 18's would look really sharp......i dont drive the car daily, i drive it a few times a weeks and roads around here are not bad.....but would it be a problem as far as acceleration goes for a turbo setup?......

and my friends tell me i have no balls to go 18's so im not to sure....i have a headache...i dont know what to do

hey ken what size tires do you have on those

Monday, July 04, 2005 11:07 PM
PhilioZ24 wrote:

hey ken what size tires do you have on those

their 225/40/18

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search