The best tires at the track......need to Know. - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The best tires at the track......need to Know.
Monday, June 27, 2005 8:50 AM
I have a 04 5 speed eco with short throw and cold air.I have stock 14's.I also have 195/60R14 86 H Falken Azenis,but I Know the Falken's will kill me out the hole. So I plan to take both pairs.Im sure the stock tires will give me better ET's.

Has anybody tried those tires at the track

Re: The best tires at the track......need to Know.
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 8:46 AM
whoa whoa whoa, why will the azenis kill you out of the hole?!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:09 AM
Mr. Resist0r wrote:whoa whoa whoa, why will the azenis kill you out of the hole?!

the Falkens will kill me because i dont have enough power to turn them at the track.I will bogg down big time,or have lots of wheel hop.I need 200+horsepower to use those tires on the track. On the street the falkens are great tires.
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:53 AM
You should be able to get the falkens to do you some good at the track, you will probably have to launch harder (higher rpm, less clutch slip, possibly even dump) than w/ OEM rubber though. (Not very nice to the drivetrain.)

Either that, or let the clutch slip more on takeoff, that way you don't have to worry about trying to spin the tires or bog down. Only major downside i can see w/ that of course is a toasty clutch :p

It's my experience that the OEM rubber on cav's pretty well suck compared to lots of other rubber in that price range.

An Ecotec shouldn't have any trouble spinning 195's (even Azenis) with a proper launch, although you obviously will find the best results by experimenting.

-------------------------------------------------
Sleeper style, they don't see it coming that way.
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 9:05 AM
I have azenis and i leave at 4,000rpm

see ya!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search