best wheel locks? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
best wheel locks?
Saturday, March 06, 2010 9:12 PM
what are you guys using? i need something that doesnt have a common key.

Re: best wheel locks?
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 8:21 AM
go to the dealer and get gm wheel locks or gorrila makes a wheel lock set that has different keys

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 12:26 PM
wheel locks from the dealer probably wont fit into the lug hole on aftermarket wheels. best bet is discount tire theyll hook you up with the best fit. but be prepared to spend like 50 bucks
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 6:26 PM
jfire wrote:gorrila makes a wheel lock set that has different keys

Got mine from Summit Racing a few years back, couldn't be happier

Friday, March 19, 2010 12:03 AM
I agree gorrillas work I had a set gave them to a friend with my stock wheels

I just cant drive 55
Sunday, April 04, 2010 9:25 PM
Kinda ghetto but works....find your a common nut from autozone that has a shiity chrome cover. Force off the cover anduse that as a lock. Cover will be the key but best. Spent 40 at discount tire and got my rims stolen still. The. Cover and nut works trust me.

Oh s***, he has two fire extinguishers in there!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010 7:57 AM
jtuner00 wrote:Kinda ghetto but works....find your a common nut from autozone that has a shiity chrome cover. Force off the cover anduse that as a lock. Cover will be the key but best. Spent 40 at discount tire and got my rims stolen still. The. Cover and nut works trust me.

that is a very bad idea

this does not work at all, it makes it a bit of a pain because when they try to take the nuts off they round the corners a little, but they come off with out a big problem.

I deal with this every day, it all depends on what size socket you use.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 6:34 PM
I'm sure you probably already have the lug nuts but at work (discount tire) we use Gorilla SD (smal diameter) spline lug nuts and key. The ONLY thing that kinda sucks about them, is that if you lose it, you have to mail $5 and your address to the address on the box and they will ship you one out, OR you can go to any discount tire and purchase another spline key. The kit is around $50 total and I have heard that the dealer (on a charger) is aobut $50 for 5 of the lug nuts.

dan

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 8:59 AM
Just be low enough so you can't get a jack under your car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search