Only 3 of my rims fit properly... Help. - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Only 3 of my rims fit properly... Help.
Monday, March 08, 2010 6:35 PM
ok so the question of the day is what would make my front passanger side rim stick out like a half inch or so further then my drivers side. I purchased new rims for my car but only 3 fit. Im on bags and when its layed out the front passanger rims hits the fender lip. I have the lips cut out as far as they can go and the drivers one tucks perfectly. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or has any ideas as to what it might be.

Re: Only 3 of my rims fit properly... Help.
Monday, March 08, 2010 6:49 PM
Camber problems?

Monday, March 08, 2010 8:52 PM
yea i think you pulled the strut out more when you tighten down the strut bolts.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 6:34 AM
azncav wrote:yea i think you pulled the strut out more when you tighten down the strut bolts.

Like the top three bolts? I was under the assumption that the strut bolts fit tight enough to where it would be in a set position any time you put it in. Its not just the wheel leaning its the whole actual wheel. I thought about trying to get them to camber in a little bit more to tuck it but tires for twenties are expensive and i want to try and fix it right. Ill have to check the bolts and see so far thats the best thing i guess i could try. Thanks.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 6:55 AM
or maybe they sent yu th wrong rim and the offset is wrong

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 7:13 AM
maybe a bad offset they may have sent u one diff off set wheel. also if u lossen the top bolt on the bottom of the sturt u can push in a hair and retighten. also could be the bolt is loose and is causing it. check that out.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 7:32 AM
Hub centric rings not properly seated into the rim. ~Shrugs~ Happened on my brother MR7's.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:59 PM
no the two bottom bolts on the strut. if the front. and i would check the info from the other 3 rims and compare it with the one not fitting correctly.

Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:35 PM
swap front wheels side for side. if problem moves with the wheel, you know the wheel is the problem. if not, then it's suspension related.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search