fitting new wheels ----- got some concerns! - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fitting new wheels ----- got some concerns!
Sunday, April 11, 2010 11:53 PM
Hello, I have a 05 sunfire, and am looking to put on some Imprezza STI BBS wheels. Howver, their size is 17X7.5/8, offset +48. Will that be a problem, or will I require new hub extensions? Also, I'm aware that stock J-body offsets are around +35-40, but what's their max allowable?

Last but not least, anyone know the hub center measurements? I will have to prep to get hubcentric rings.....

Thanks!

Re: fitting new wheels ----- got some concerns!
Monday, April 12, 2010 12:42 AM
dan C wrote:Hello, I have a 05 sunfire, and am looking to put on some Imprezza STI BBS wheels. Howver, their size is 17X7.5/8, offset +48. Will that be a problem, or will I require new hub extensions? Also, I'm aware that stock J-body offsets are around +35-40, but what's their max allowable?

Last but not least, anyone know the hub center measurements? I will have to prep to get hubcentric rings.....

Thanks!

unless you getting some 04 sti wheels .. those wont work as anything after are all 5x114 . . only the 04s have 5x100 in

Monday, April 12, 2010 1:23 PM
I already know that. But thank you for the warning.

Now, does anyone have any idea about the sizes, etc? I have my eye on a set, but just need some final details.
Monday, April 12, 2010 3:37 PM
the bbs wheels mite be to close to the jbody shock perches with that offset. also the hub bore will be to small. but im sure some hubcentric spacers will help and fix that problem ,

something like these. with this option you may have to get extended lugs.

click here....

IMo the best option would be this style. but 1" may or may not be to thick.

second option

Monday, April 12, 2010 7:20 PM
they will fit i have 04 sti rims on my 03 cav u need to get spacers and get the hub bore opened up
Monday, April 12, 2010 7:30 PM
post some pics.. i wanna it. my current rims are from a suby.

Monday, April 12, 2010 11:58 PM
I can't use spacers then.

I track the car in the summer and i'm not a big fan of spacers, since they cause too much nervous handling characteristics under extreme load.
(I've tried before).

Anything u guys can recommend?
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:01 AM
not even hub centric spacers?

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:15 PM
go to www.mackinindustries.com i have the wide thread spacers on my car i auto x with no problems ill post pics when i get the car back from the trans shop
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:06 PM
hmm.

If that's the case then I might think about it. Still, I prefer not to use spacers.

And I don't really need the headache. Rather just get a set of something else nice.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search