my black z24 rims - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my black z24 rims
Monday, April 26, 2010 7:38 PM
well i had a lil free time this weekend so i decided to paint my stock z24 rims. here is how they came out, didnt get too many pics but here they are. i also decided to put them on because the ride is hard with the 19's lol

stock ↓

1st coat of paint ↓

2nd coat of paint ↓

2nd coat of clear ↓

3rd coat of clear ↓

and on the car obviously lol ↓

and again

i didnt get any pics of the cleaning or sanding cus i was on and off doing this and mowing the lawn on our 2 acres lol
the center caps are in my room waiting to get painted also lol ima do the chevy sign insert in red
i know i needed to clean the tires and put some air but i just took the pics before i did, ill try and get some tomorrow after school if i have time to wash the car completely
i used 2 cans of duplicolor primer sealer, 4 cans of rustoleum wheel coating ( the can said it was flat black but it ended up being glossy) and 2 cans of rustoleum clear wheel coating also used 180, 320, and 1000 grit sand paper and some index cards. overall i like the way they came out

Re: my black z24 rims
Monday, April 26, 2010 8:04 PM
wow someone actually painted the inside of the wheel . lol looks good though

Monday, April 26, 2010 8:18 PM
lol yea i like the black on black look and it rides way waaaaaaaay better with these than the other rims so im good with that

Monday, April 26, 2010 8:32 PM
run a 225 or 235 on your 19s.. and it will be like nite and day.

Monday, April 26, 2010 8:47 PM
but arent the tires still too short (like in hight) cus they are 35's so wouldnt it still be a hard ride?

Monday, April 26, 2010 9:14 PM
225 and 235s wider and more meat . my 215s on my adrs are a nite and day to my 225s currently

Monday, April 26, 2010 9:20 PM

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 8:42 AM
I run a 235/35 on my 19's rides much better then the 225/35's but it is a close fit.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search