need some advice - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need some advice
Friday, April 30, 2010 5:38 PM
alright heres the situation i bought a pair of 18x8 Motegi Racing MR056 nankang ats sport 225/40/18 got them on and noticed they were a little tight to the strut, ended up rubbing a little got the car home and took the wheels of and started trying out an offset using washers to see what i could do, its slightly over a quarter inch spacer at the moment and the wheel sticks out of the fender and there is still very little space between the tire and the strut. is there anyway to fix this rather then down size my wheels? to 17x7.5 waited 3 weeks for the to arrive and dont to wait much longer, i guess it would help to list what im running tien basics on a 03 cavalier, im justing kind of scratching my head right now the wheels look so amazing on there i dont want to give them up

Re: need some advice
Friday, April 30, 2010 10:40 PM
spacers for the strut clearance... and then get your fenders rolled and pulled? look into some toyota cavalier front fenders.

Saturday, May 01, 2010 7:02 AM
Spacers will move my struts back? could you give me a link or point me in the write direction, also ive conidered rolling the fenders if it was going to be a problem thx azn
Saturday, May 01, 2010 3:43 PM
did some work and raised the suspension to accomidate the width, added about 10mm spacer and it all seems pretty good going to get some spacers made today hopefully
Saturday, May 01, 2010 1:35 PM
what offset are you running, and what suspension?

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Saturday, May 01, 2010 9:41 PM
im running 18x8 with a 35mm offset in front and 38 in back. no issues at all. and my tires are really close to the fenders. when i said spacers i ment for your wheels lol

Sunday, May 02, 2010 10:00 AM
i got it figured out by using washers for the time being till the spacers show up, i figure its about 10 to 15mm in the front and about 20 to 25 in the back, back needs to come out some more but other than that, i have enough clearance between the strut...Im running tein basics, ill try and get some pictures up in the next couple days show ya what im working with
Tuesday, May 04, 2010 7:36 AM
Anyone have a good site for spacers i dont beleave im going to need hub adapters just because of the small amount of spacing im going with 10mm i nthe front and 20 in the back. as for pictures i took them now i just need to find the cord
Tuesday, May 04, 2010 7:41 AM
Here you go

wheel spacers

They have pretty much anything you could need.

Have you checked local shops? Normally they carry spacers also.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search