Yay, Nay, or LMAO WTF? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Yay, Nay, or LMAO WTF?
Wednesday, July 07, 2010 12:00 AM
Well today I have seen it all folks. Not to bash the car, but sometimes you shouldn't get rim happy.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/1798556744.html

Yes... he put 20's on it. Cavalier... I almost dare to ask if anyone would do 24s on a J.... But I don't want to see that.

I'm not gonna lie, it's not extremely ugly. But they're asking for trouble.

Re: Yay, Nay, or LMAO WTF?
Wednesday, July 07, 2010 12:07 AM
There are a couple cav's/fire's on here with 20's that don't look bad at all.
Everyone has different taste's. But the link you provided is MEGA FAIL! material. That car is hideous.

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Wednesday, July 07, 2010 1:08 PM
05 Cavalier wrote:I almost dare to ask if anyone would do 24s on a J.... But I don't want to see that.
22's:

There's a green coupe I've seen like that as well, and IIRC, the owner of it was talking about putting 24's on it a few years ago.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 1:19 PM
I like how they stick out lol

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 1:25 PM
Wednesday, July 07, 2010 3:43 PM
02cavcruzin wrote:There are a couple cav's/fire's on here with 20's that don't look bad at all.
Everyone has different taste's. But the link you provided is MEGA FAIL! material. That car is hideous.

Exactly! Cars can look good in big rims if it's done right. I've seen oversized rims that look nice on cars. But that car just no. The tires should tuck in.

Quiklilcav wrote:
05 Cavalier wrote:I almost dare to ask if anyone would do 24s on a J.... But I don't want to see that.
22's:

There's a green coupe I've seen like that as well, and IIRC, the owner of it was talking about putting 24's on it a few years ago.

Why do all of these people insist on the flags? I saw a Caprice with 26's and the stupid flags.

They just don't look correct. But to each his own I guess. The most I'd do would be 18s
Thursday, July 08, 2010 2:06 PM
I'd like to refer to a general rule of thumb: If the price of your rims exceeds the cost of the car itself, it shouldn't be done. I agree with Cavie Freak; there is a right way to do 20''+, and theres a wrong way, like what our friend in this craigslist ad is doing. Why no body kit?

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:37 AM
Cavaclysmic wrote:I'd like to refer to a general rule of thumb: If the price of your rims exceeds the cost of the car itself, it shouldn't be done. I agree with Cavie Freak; there is a right way to do 20''+, and theres a wrong way, like what our friend in this craigslist ad is doing. Why no body kit?

Agreed. By the way, that's not my car. I was bored and googled Cavalier on 20's to see what came up and that showed up as a 3rd link. Many people choose to go for the SUV look when they go beyond 20' s which is a pretty dumb idea. Only certain cars can pull off the oversized rim look nicely. The Cavalier looks like a bubble and raising it like that orange one up there makes it look like a weird ass bubble oval thingy lol.
Friday, July 16, 2010 3:29 PM
05 Cavalier wrote:Well today I have seen it all folks. Not to bash the car, but sometimes you shouldn't get rim happy.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/1798556744.html

Yes... he put 20's on it. Cavalier... I almost dare to ask if anyone would do 24s on a J.... But I don't want to see that.

I'm not gonna lie, it's not extremely ugly. But they're asking for trouble.

tell him i will take his blue speck interior and the rest of the car can go to hell imho

Friday, July 16, 2010 9:08 PM
f3 fenders. LOL.

Saturday, July 17, 2010 8:48 PM
what about the northstar cavy? didn't it have 24's

Saturday, July 17, 2010 10:30 PM
whiskerbiscuit wrote:what about the northstar cavy? didn't it have 24's
22's in the rear, 20's up front.

Sunday, July 18, 2010 11:03 AM
oh ok i thought 24s in rear.

Thursday, July 22, 2010 1:23 PM
Haha it looks like a HotWheels car.

Monday, August 23, 2010 1:54 PM
There used to be a Cav running around near me with 20 inch spinners...on an all stock white 2000ish coupe. It was terrible.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Sunday, May 20, 2012 4:41 PM
DONK

99z for 2015.. I'm back bitches
Sunday, May 20, 2012 5:23 PM
2 year old thread bumpin!

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Monday, June 04, 2012 7:32 PM
way to bump a useless thread.

douchenozzle.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search