issue with tire sizes - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
issue with tire sizes
Thursday, July 08, 2010 10:35 AM
i already checked the sticky and it didnt pertain to my specific wheel change, im currently rockin the stock 15" steelies, about put on the 16" LSS rims what is the best tire size to maintain an accurate speedo

Re: issue with tire sizes
Thursday, July 08, 2010 10:53 AM
205/55R16s or 225/50R16s

Thursday, July 08, 2010 11:06 AM
sweet thanks

Thursday, July 08, 2010 10:56 PM
Joviticus wrote:i already checked the sticky and it didnt pertain to my specific wheel change, im currently rockin the stock 15" steelies, about put on the 16" LSS rims what is the best tire size to maintain an accurate speedo

How did its not pertain to you specific wheel change? It lists the correct size tire for a 16 inch wheel.

Also for future reference enter your current tire rim combo then play with what you want to do useing this to find other tire sizes that will work for ya.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, July 08, 2010 10:58 PM

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Friday, July 09, 2010 6:32 AM

How did its not pertain to you specific wheel change? It lists the correct size tire for a 16 inch wheel.

if your coming up from a 14" not a 15"

Sunday, July 11, 2010 9:04 AM
Common sense. It's a fukin J-body! What works on a LSS for wheels will work on all years!

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Sunday, July 11, 2010 9:53 AM
slvrblit wrote:Common sense. It's a fukin J-body! What works on a LSS for wheels will work on all years!

Sunday, July 11, 2010 8:32 PM
slvrblit wrote:Common sense. It's a fukin J-body! What works on a LSS for wheels will work on all years!
On the Org, common sense does not appear to be that common.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:39 AM
I wish this forum had a rep rating so I could give Quik a thumbs up

+1 for Quiklilcav
Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:07 PM
When dealing with stock rims it doesn't matter what one you are using as long as you use the guide and base your original tire for that rim off the stock size. So if you put in your stock 14 tire size, 15 inch tire size, or 16 inch tire size it will all be pretty much the same overall size. With that said the computer is calibrated for the diameter of the stock tire sizes listed in the guide. With a 16 just start with the size listed and play around with the sidewall/width till you get one that closely matches the stock tire size.
Attachments
Picture 1.jpg (29k)

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search