Help me figure out my stud length - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help me figure out my stud length
Saturday, July 24, 2010 9:28 PM
So I looking at getting some spacers for the rear of my after I get it lowered and get the Neon rears on.

So how do I figure the stud length I need. I know I need to factor in the spacers, the rotor, the thickness of the hub on the wheel (which Im not sure how Im going to figure this out), and the 12mm for the proper lug nut bite. Does it look like Im missing anything?

Im just cruising the Summit site. I looked up studs with the same thread pitch as ours. Is there anything I have to pay attention to such as the part that gets pressed into the hub? Is that what the knurl diameter is?

Re: Help me figure out my stud length
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 7:49 PM
parts store carry longer studs in our format, i dont know why everyone goes for the fancy ones when they dont need to really. Go ask for teh Dorman book get the part number for the cavy stud and note the knurl and compare to the other 12x1.5 studs, there are about 2 other longer ones.
Thursday, July 29, 2010 2:34 PM
Spencer wrote:parts store carry longer studs in our format, i dont know why everyone goes for the fancy ones when they dont need to really. Go ask for teh Dorman book get the part number for the cavy stud and note the knurl and compare to the other 12x1.5 studs, there are about 2 other longer ones.

Thats what my friend was telling me the other night. He works at Advance.

Edit: The reason is because they dont have any that are much longer than ours stock. Ours are 41.6 mm IIRC. The longest one I could find was only 45mm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, July 29, 2010 4:32 PM

Saturday, July 31, 2010 3:30 PM
arp p/n 100-7708

they have the proper knurl diameter and they are longer than the stockers. I did run into one problem with an aftermarket wheel bearing assembly I had in the front that had a larger knurl diameter but for the stockers, they should be correct.

Saturday, July 31, 2010 6:08 PM
ill see what i can find at work and let you know, the arp are nice but dont need a mile long stud, looks like ass.
Saturday, July 31, 2010 6:16 PM
Spencer wrote:ill see what i can find at work and let you know, the arp are nice but dont need a mile long stud, looks like ass.

Im kinda worried about that since I have closed ended lug nuts. And I do like my wheels to seat properly.

Saturday, July 31, 2010 8:39 PM
the p/n I posted should still be able to accept closed lug nuts like spline drives.

2.5" isn't that much longer than the stock lugs.

i'll try to snap a few pics of them on the car and a stock vs. arp lug (since i've got one set of arp's that aren't installed yet)

Sunday, August 01, 2010 8:55 AM
Sounds good sir.

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 8:42 PM

stock vs. arp f-body studs vs. arp evo studs.

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 8:11 PM
Thats not too bad. I need to figure out how much I need spaced.

Thursday, August 05, 2010 9:52 AM
strat81 wrote:

stock vs. arp f-body studs vs. arp evo studs.

Is the P/N that you posted for the F-body studs strat?

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq

Thursday, August 05, 2010 10:15 AM
yes sir!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search