got question bout steering sound? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
got question bout steering sound?
Sunday, June 27, 2010 4:52 AM
Hello i have a nice 2003 Z24 LS Z-Type its an amazing lowered nice Z but i have noticed there seems too be a wind sound when cars not moving and i turn the steering wheel i can hear some kind of winding up whistling sound not very loud kinda like some kinda whistle, anyone know what this is and i was was wondering if its something i really need to be worried about a bunch my friends i have mentioned it too say it wont cause any issues. whats the solution to fix this annoyance ?

Thanks

Paul

Oshawa, Ontario

Re: got question bout steering sound?
Saturday, June 26, 2010 11:53 PM
check your ps fluid, it might be low, or check your ps pump belt.
Sunday, June 27, 2010 4:33 AM
When the car and wheels aren't moving, turning the steering wheel creates a lot of strain on the power steering pump due to the much higher load. A small amount of noise is acceptable due to this high load. Regardless, check your power steering fluid reservoir and make sure it's topped off. If it's full, look in the mirror (your driving habits) to fix the annoyance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Sunday, June 27, 2010 6:45 AM
How do i know how full is full in my 2003 2.2L Ecotec Reservoir. ?

Paul
Sunday, June 27, 2010 9:08 AM
Not 100% sure on the 2.2 Eco, but on the 2.4 LD9 the gauge was part of the reservoir cap.

Sunday, June 27, 2010 11:55 AM
We'll someone will know, i see a L and H on resoviour dipstick but anyhows dont wanna say anything til i hear someone who knows, this is for 2.2L 03 Ecotec.
Monday, June 28, 2010 2:14 AM
If you can't figure out the L and the H then I suggest taking it to a professional.

Sunday, July 18, 2010 11:27 AM
^LAWL!

The dipstick it self on an Eco is a bit longer than a Quad's, however they both work exactly the same...

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Friday, July 23, 2010 10:25 PM
Paul Crover wrote:Hello i have a nice 2003 Z24 LS Z-Type its an amazing lowered nice Z but i have noticed there seems too be a wind sound when cars not moving and i turn the steering wheel i can hear some kind of winding up whistling sound not very loud kinda like some kinda whistle, anyone know what this is and i was was wondering if its something i really need to be worried about a bunch my friends i have mentioned it too say it wont cause any issues. whats the solution to fix this annoyance ?

Thanks

Paul

Oshawa, Ontario

Amazing lowered? On stock struts/shocks? No wonder you have so many issues that you don't know how to fix. You don't know how to lower a car and you don't know how to use a @!#$ dipstick haha. Give up on life because you suck at it.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Monday, July 26, 2010 4:10 PM
LOL its not from lowering it on stock car has 210K on it, takeR easy tard and ur gay ass truck from 06 is a joke tho its probably njot a 06 but if it is you're retarded bet u wish u had my 07 ! later dick weed.
Monday, July 26, 2010 6:38 PM
Yes it is from lowing it on stock struts, however I will concede that the car having 210k on it does make it worse.

But just the fact that you admitted that it's bad from the car having 210k on it makes me LOL because now we really know your ride is pure @!#$.

Now run along like a good little ignorant noob

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search