Spacers. - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spacers.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010 12:57 AM
What size spacers would one be able to run without getting longer studs?

Re: Spacers.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:28 AM
I was just about to make a similar thread lol..I just put 8mm spacers on my rear hubs and theres still plenty of thread room, but Id like something thicker and was wondering about maybe running adapter spacers with 5x114 studs cause my buddy has some wheels I want.

Soo what size spacers are people running in the rear to make the wheels pretty flush? Im on stock wheels, and the car is pretty low soo there is some negative camber but 8mm dont seem like much at all.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:29 PM
I wouldn't go any more than 5 or 6 mm for a simple spacer without getting longer studs. If you need more, consider a bolt-on spacer that has secondary studs. Anything from above 5mm to about 15mm will need longer studs. Above that will definitely be bolt-on.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:30 PM
I attempted to put 10mm spacers up front with stock studs and wilwood brakes. Could not get ONE thread to even mock the wheel up on the car.

Do studs if you wanna run spacers. Its worth the time/effort to be safe.

Rear studs appear longer because the drum itself is thinner than a disc brake.

Right now i am rocking 10mm front and 15mm rear spacers. tehe

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, May 25, 2010 3:12 PM
Yea I still have rear drums, I had enough room with 8mm spacers to hand tighten them a few threads then tighten them down.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 4:01 PM
Rule of thumb with is that the minimum thread engagement should be equal to the diameter of the bolt. In other words, since our studs are 12mm thick, there should be a minimum of 12mm of the stud sticking out past the lug nut seat on the rim.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 6:37 PM
Quiklilcav wrote:Rule of thumb with is that the minimum thread engagement should be equal to the diameter of the bolt. In other words, since our studs are 12mm thick, there should be a minimum of 12mm of the stud sticking out past the lug nut seat on the rim.

Very good rule.

I have been wanting to run longer studs in the rear, with the SSBC's and 5mm spacer I'm at the edge and would rather be safe then sorry so they are getting replaced.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 1:48 AM
Sorry is this is a dumb question, but where can I buy longer studs?

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 3:55 PM
Summit Racing, NAPA, to name a couple. Our studs ar 12M x 1.5.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 6:28 PM
I'm so glad my car uses wheel bolts

Someone post pics of their spacers on a jbody?

Monday, May 31, 2010 10:41 AM
I will when I eventually do a camera dump.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog

Saturday, June 05, 2010 1:57 PM
im runnning half inch spacers in the rear with a 7.5 inch wide wheel and its pretty flush.. heres the only pics i have of them at this moment.
im running arp studs

i can take more from different angles if needed but all i have is a camera phone.. so just let me know

Monday, June 07, 2010 12:14 AM
to be flush you need to be lower! lol

Monday, June 07, 2010 6:30 AM
Part number on the ARP's? I'm gunna need to do this, just far to epic. Plus I already have the spacers lol

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Tuesday, June 08, 2010 5:47 PM
azncav wrote:to be flush you need to be lower! lol

im aware... but as far as being even with the fender.. its pretty damn close!
ill be lower soon so no worries

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:02 PM
slvrblit wrote:Part number on the ARP's? I'm gunna need to do this, just far to epic. Plus I already have the spacers lol

?
just the generic vette ones? I really wanna get my 10mm spacers on there

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 6:55 PM
youve gotta call and just make sure the specs listed for the corvette are the same as the same pitch and stuff for cavs...
the guy i talked too was pretty nice! just call and tell him the thread pitch and what not and he will help you find what you need

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:21 PM
IIRC, the Vette ones are 1/2 20 standard. Don't worry about finding another application, just give them the specs, which are M12 x 1.5 x length.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:29 PM
i picked up a set of gmpp studs awhile ago. dont know that they are any different than the ARP's but id be interested to have both to see

jay van is using the same ones.

180hp in 1989 or 145hp in 2002, you decide. >
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 12:04 PM
brad could you measure your front ones?

Saturday, July 24, 2010 9:13 PM
So whats the length of the stock stud? I can take a wheel off and check but Id like to avoid that if anyone knew off hand.

Sunday, August 29, 2010 3:43 PM
[imghttp://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/Nike_moon/DSC_0048.jpg]

20mm spacers i might be changing them soon to 25mm
and 8mm in the front with extended lug studs

Sunday, August 29, 2010 3:44 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search