Is there a solution for Rattling Hub Caps??? 03-05 Driving me nuts - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is there a solution for Rattling Hub Caps??? 03-05 Driving me nuts
Friday, September 03, 2010 9:48 AM
i did a search and hear a couple of you under warranty dealer put in some kind of insulators or something? Is there a part number for these? Any other solutions to shut these things up without buying wheels? I would just buy wheels if the tires weren't brand new lol. If the dealer puts on some insulators there has to be a part number doesn't there?

Re: Is there a solution for Rattling Hub Caps??? 03-05 Driving me nuts
Friday, September 03, 2010 1:44 PM
i would say to take them off.... but if you insist on having them, you may be able to get some small foam stuff and have it sit behind it (sounds redneck lol...) but only it is the only other thing i can think of

Friday, September 03, 2010 4:01 PM
Get wheels! haha, what might work is putting some self adhesive foam strips on the back of the hubcap where it touches the wheel. Might work might not, but its worth a try. The 14's I use for winter rattle over bumps too.

(BlackFire)
Friday, September 03, 2010 7:27 PM
Theres a couple threads on people getting some insulators, wondering what exactly they were, i might have to try something though
Saturday, September 04, 2010 2:16 PM
^^ u would say go with the self adhesive foam, because the dealership will charge you like crazy foe something so stupid. But that's my $ .02

Monday, September 06, 2010 3:09 PM
You should consider just getting rid of them entirely. Im not trying to thread jack, but I took my hub caps off and sold them because I hated how they look. I painted the steel rims with about $15 worth of spray paint, got center caps off of a Beretta, and this is how they look. Not bad for minimal effort and money, IMO. Otherwise, do what these guys said and put the foam behind the hub cap and your rattle should go away.
Attachments
0906101805.jpg (69k)

Monday, September 06, 2010 4:25 PM
Jonathan shumacker wrote:i did a search and hear a couple of you under warranty dealer put in some kind of insulators or something? Is there a part number for these? Any other solutions to shut these things up without buying wheels? I would just buy wheels if the tires weren't brand new lol. If the dealer puts on some insulators there has to be a part number doesn't there?

This what you're looking for.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, September 07, 2010 11:45 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
Jonathan shumacker wrote:i did a search and hear a couple of you under warranty dealer put in some kind of insulators or something? Is there a part number for these? Any other solutions to shut these things up without buying wheels? I would just buy wheels if the tires weren't brand new lol. If the dealer puts on some insulators there has to be a part number doesn't there?

This what you're looking for.

?? Link doesnt work??
Tuesday, September 07, 2010 11:46 PM
Cavaclysmic wrote:You should consider just getting rid of them entirely. Im not trying to thread jack, but I took my hub caps off and sold them because I hated how they look. I painted the steel rims with about $15 worth of spray paint, got center caps off of a Beretta, and this is how they look. Not bad for minimal effort and money, IMO. Otherwise, do what these guys said and put the foam behind the hub cap and your rattle should go away.

Those look hideous
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 5:40 AM
Jonathan shumacker wrote:
Cavaclysmic wrote:You should consider just getting rid of them entirely. Im not trying to thread jack, but I took my hub caps off and sold them because I hated how they look. I painted the steel rims with about $15 worth of spray paint, got center caps off of a Beretta, and this is how they look. Not bad for minimal effort and money, IMO. Otherwise, do what these guys said and put the foam behind the hub cap and your rattle should go away.

Those look hideous

Hideous, maybe. A lot cheaper than wheels, definitely!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search