Can I use 16 in. rims on a 1994 dodge caravan? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Can I use 16 in. rims on a 1994 dodge caravan?
Thursday, November 03, 2011 10:39 PM
I have a 1995 chevy lumina whose transmission is going out. I bought a 1994 dodge caravan. Is there a way that I can use my 16 in. tires off my lumina and put them on my caravan? The caravan has 14 in. tires on it right now. I can't afford new tires since my only income is social security disability. I was hoping, by some miracle, that I could interchange these tires. I would more than greatly appreciate any information! Thank you so much!!

Re: Can I use 16 in. rims on a 1994 dodge caravan?
Thursday, November 03, 2011 11:14 PM
first off, your asking on a j-body forum about two non j-body cars. Secondly, you need to talk to a tire shop and ask them that question. Nobody is going to know that question here more than likely. I also doubt it would work. Check THIS and then look at your tires.

Friday, November 04, 2011 3:16 AM
If you're talking about swapping the tires then NO. If you mean the wheels...yeah I have no clue if it's the same bolt pattern.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Friday, November 04, 2011 3:24 AM
Funnily enough, the Caravan is 5x100. I have seen a couple of them with z24 rims on it. I dont think the lumina is 5x100 though. So i doubt it would work.

Friday, November 04, 2011 3:12 PM
google the bolt patterns and use a tire calculator to compare the tire width and height differance, if you are going to swap them yourself, take one off and see if it fits.....if your taking it to a tire shop, compare bolt patterns and tire sizes online or ask the tire shop for their advice.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Saturday, November 05, 2011 2:41 AM
Freelancer1988 wrote:first off, your asking on a j-body forum about two non j-body cars. Secondly, you need to talk to a tire shop and ask them that question. Nobody is going to know that question here more than likely. I also doubt it would work. Check THIS and then look at your tires.

First off, I'm sorry for intruding on a j-body forum. Secondly, why are you so sure nobody will know the answer to my question? Being that I'm a woman, I am not mechanically inclined. When I came across this site, I figured that someone might be able to provide me with the info needed. I received some good input. Thank you all very kindly!!!!
Saturday, November 05, 2011 4:42 AM

Quote:

Being that I'm a woman, I am not mechanically inclined.

So just because you're a woman you can't know or look up car stuff? My cousin Darcy is an auto tech...just sayin...don't be lazy. I know plenty of men that don't have a clue about cars. Glad you got some help though.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Sunday, November 06, 2011 1:46 AM
turboZ24cavi wrote:
Quote:

So just because you're a woman you can't know or look up car stuff? My cousin Darcy is an auto tech...just sayin...don't be lazy. I
know plenty of men that don't have a clue about cars. Glad you got some help though.

LAZY! OMG! Are you for real? You have no clue! I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis when I was 20 years old. I was in a wheelchair for 15 years. I worked myself physically until I was able to get out of that chair & walk on my own. I have now had MS for 34 years. I have worked at a non-profit organization for 14 years, distributing free clothing to the needy. I am far from lazy! You have alot of nerve judging someone you have never met. You need to grow up!
Sunday, November 06, 2011 3:06 AM
Kathy Rierson wrote:
turboZ24cavi wrote:
Quote:

So just because you're a woman you can't know or look up car stuff? My cousin Darcy is an auto tech...just sayin...don't be lazy. I
know plenty of men that don't have a clue about cars. Glad you got some help though.

LAZY! OMG! Are you for real? You have no clue! I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis when I was 20 years old. I was in a wheelchair for 15 years. I worked myself physically until I was able to get out of that chair & walk on my own. I have now had MS for 34 years. I have worked at a non-profit organization for 14 years, distributing free clothing to the needy. I am far from lazy! You have alot of nerve judging someone you have never met. You need to grow up!

Woa, I obviously didn't mean it how you took it. I was just saying it's silly for you to use the excuse that since your a woman you don't know about cars that's all. You totally missed my point in the comment.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Sunday, November 06, 2011 3:52 PM
turboZ24cavi wrote:
Kathy Rierson wrote:
turboZ24cavi wrote:
Quote:

Woa, I obviously didn't mean it how you took it. I was just saying it's silly for you to use the excuse that since your a woman you don't know about cars that's all. You totally missed my point in the comment.

I do apologize. I did take you wrong. I wasn't talking about women, in general. Auto mechanics is not MY forte. However, I do read my chiltons, when I have a problem. A couple of times I was actually able to diagnose the problem! But that doesn't mean I was able to fix it! LOL!! Have a great day!!!!!!!
Sunday, November 06, 2011 4:11 PM
Kathy Rierson wrote:
turboZ24cavi wrote:
Kathy Rierson wrote:
turboZ24cavi wrote:
Quote:

I do apologize. I did take you wrong. I wasn't talking about women, in general. Auto mechanics is not MY forte. However, I do read my chiltons, when I have a problem. A couple of times I was actually able to diagnose the problem! But that doesn't mean I was able to fix it! LOL!! Have a great day!!!!!!!

Looking back on it now I prob shouldn't of said what I did anyway. Not necessary. My bad. Hope your van works out for ya.

2004 Cavalier Sedan

Sunday, November 06, 2011 4:47 PM
obviously you will need different rims since 14 and 16 are totally different. I think dodge may have made some larger steel rims in later models. You can find z24 rims easily enough and for reasonable prices. the issue is buying rims will almost offset what tires for 14 inch sizes cost. maybe someone on freecycle or craigslist has a set they are looking to offload.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search