Center bore/offset question - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Center bore/offset question
Sunday, February 05, 2012 9:17 PM
First off, just wondering what CB works on these cars... looking to pick up a set of wheels within the next 3 days and would like to know if they are too big/small. If they are at least to big I can get a ring for 'em. Don't feel like paying for the wheels to get bored out.

Also, what do you think about a 16x6.5 wheel with +45 offset, will it work? Or will it not work? I've been currently looking for specs on the Z24 wheels because I currently have them on my car but I don't know what width they are or the ET on them so I can compare them. All I know is that they are 16's.

Re: Center bore/offset question
Sunday, February 05, 2012 10:12 PM
Personally i prefer not to buy any wheels for my cav that are smaller than 7.5" wide and a 35mm offset.

Error: Sig not found.

Sunday, February 05, 2012 11:16 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:Personally i prefer not to buy any wheels for my cav that are smaller than 7.5" wide and a 35mm offset.

Agreed. My last wheels where 17x7 with 45mm offset and I was not happy with how sunk it looked.

Monday, February 06, 2012 10:59 AM
Well what's the specs on the Z24 wheels? Cause I don't really mind how it looks. I'm not going for anything fancy here I've just had my eye on this set of wheels and want to know if they'd rub on the strut towers or anything of the like. I found a post that said anything from 35-48mm offset should work on these cars. But that's a pretty meaningless number if I don't know what width that's with. And the CB is still a mystery to me also.
Monday, February 06, 2012 2:15 PM
Stock wheels are only 16x6 I believe with a mid 50s offset.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, February 06, 2012 2:16 PM

Monday, February 06, 2012 3:44 PM
CB is 52mm irrc. a 6.5 wheel you're going to want something like +45 offset to have the same look as stock and more and you'll be sunk and any less than like a +38 and you'll start to poke. Wheel offsets are stupid and require way too much math. We should just do everything by backspacing like we used to with wheels. I end up figuring out the offsets by backspacing anyways.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Monday, February 06, 2012 3:59 PM
6.5 wheel and 48 offset wont be anywhere close to poking. my 18x8 are staggard at 38 in front and 35 in rear. even with the 10mm spacer in front and the 1/2 saturn adapters my wheels are still within the wheel wells.

Monday, February 06, 2012 4:03 PM
I said +38 would start to poke in the front, that would give you 1.75 inches from the hub face to the measurement on the wheel, which would give you about 2.75 inches from the hub face to the edge of the tire.

Monday, February 06, 2012 4:28 PM
you didnt say front or back at first but 38 will start get you in the ball park of the fender lip.

Monday, February 06, 2012 6:04 PM
Leafy wrote:CB is 52mm irrc. a 6.5 wheel you're going to want something like +45 offset to have the same look as stock and more and you'll be sunk and any less than like a +38 and you'll start to poke. Wheel offsets are stupid and require way too much math. We should just do everything by backspacing like we used to with wheels. I end up figuring out the offsets by backspacing anyways.

Perfect, answered all of my questions in one fell swoop. Looks like these are going to work then, the wheels are 16x6.5 w/ a +45et. If anyone is wondering they are BBS RX2 wheels off of the MK4 Golf/Jetta's. Have to bring some of my roots over to the J-body lol .

To the other, you guys were a great help too. Thanks for your time, expect more annoying questions from me in the future...
Monday, February 06, 2012 6:07 PM
CB on these wheels are 57.1 also, so I'm gunna need those rings!

Monday, February 06, 2012 6:13 PM
cool... a few jbodies have run Vdub wheels.

Monday, February 06, 2012 6:15 PM
Any examples? I've always loved OEM VW wheels, I feel like they've always been on point with most of 'em. I actually found out that CB on Sunfires are also 57.1! Can't wait to see how it's going to look.
Monday, February 06, 2012 6:32 PM
ill see if i can google some. of course sunfire had the same CB, its the same car under all the clothing lol

Monday, February 06, 2012 6:33 PM
no I told him the wrong cb. Good ting he mentioned it, I must have read it wrong.

Monday, February 06, 2012 6:44 PM
Leafy wrote:no I told him the wrong cb. Good ting he mentioned it, I must have read it wrong.

i had a feeling it was close to mid 50s but i wasn't sure. but here are some cavs on vdub wheels.

Monday, February 06, 2012 9:59 PM
Ou nice! I considered the Longbeaches in the 2nd picture but couldn't find a set. So I stuck with my first decision which was the BBS.
Wednesday, February 08, 2012 3:09 PM
Thursday, February 09, 2012 6:03 AM
That's not close to all but yeah it's a decent source... I have 3 of the VW Raves in my garage if I can find a 4th I may just throw those on...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search