40mm offset? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
40mm offset?
Monday, May 14, 2012 6:26 PM
okay so im planning on buying new wheels the enkei imola's in black and there 17x7.5 with a 40mm offset im droped about 3 inches do you guys think they will rub at all on anthing

Re: 40mm offset?
Monday, May 14, 2012 8:57 PM
dropped 3" so your on coilovers?

Monday, May 14, 2012 9:37 PM
wheel and tire specs... 17x7.5 48mm offset all around with 215/45/17. ( closer to my struts then you are, but im on coilovers). but then again i ran 8-10 mm spacers all around to push my wheels out. keep in mind, i was tucking front tire . the two weeks i had these on my car i dont think i rubbed much..

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:02 AM
yes im on coilovers. but im almost tucking front tire right now with my 17's there voxx and im not sure what the offset on them are but do you think that im pretty safe to go ahead and get these wheels. or should i find another offset i dont think im going to rub my fender but im new to the offset of wheels and lowering. i was afraid that i might rub my coilovers? also anz how can i stance the front end like to get more negative camber? would i just use camber shims or is it really hard to camber cavaliers because thats what i heard.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012 7:34 AM
Get strut mounts that have camber adjustment. OEM
To get camber in the rear is a whole different story.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 1:06 PM
azn my cavs front is all but as low as you my rear is not as low due to me not adjusting the coilovers to do so yet. but do you think the 40mm offset will hurt?
Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:38 PM
Hey azn what kind of suspension setup did you have on that cav?, it looked nice btw
I currently have 17x8 rota boost and want to lower my car asap, but the wheels are 48mm offset
So they stick out a lil bit in the front.. Had to replace wheel studs and use spacers
Friday, May 18, 2012 7:17 AM
tyler cornett wrote:Hey azn what kind of suspension setup did you have on that cav?, it looked nice btw
I currently have 17x8 rota boost and want to lower my car asap, but the wheels are 48mm offset
So they stick out a lil bit in the front.. Had to replace wheel studs and use spacers

why are you using spacers? and what size? 17x8 with a 48offset shouldnt stick out like that.. my 18x8s were 35/38mm offsets and still sat within my fenders.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, May 18, 2012 7:18 AM

Friday, May 18, 2012 8:41 AM
my 40mm i just put on just barley clear my fenders when i put my coil overs all the way down ill be close to rubbing and tucking tire.
Friday, May 18, 2012 9:01 AM
I had to use spacers to get them on the front, they were hitting the strut assembly
Friday, May 18, 2012 9:22 AM
wait.... so you WHEELS are a 40mm offset and then you put 40mm spacers? ..

Friday, May 18, 2012 9:28 AM
to the OP you will be ok. just dont go slamming your car, or else your inner metal fenders will go byebye..

Friday, May 18, 2012 9:47 PM
oh i know im going to drop it little by little. what did you do to get yours to tuck tire like to the inner fender or the fender well
Saturday, May 19, 2012 2:32 AM
im curious on what type of coilovers you are running?

Sunday, May 20, 2012 7:35 PM
i honestly dont know what kind they are there red and the shocks are like grey they look really bad it it rides bad but its low, also my budget is slim still being in high school lol. sonew coil overs are comming soon hopefully tein.
Sunday, May 20, 2012 8:00 PM
trevor fye wrote:i honestly dont know what kind they are there red and the shocks are like grey they look really bad it it rides bad but its low, also my budget is slim still being in high school lol. sonew coil overs are comming soon hopefully tein.

find a cheap factory setup now. you probably have @!#$ty no name bay coilovers on gr2s. that suspension is a crash waiting to happen.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Monday, May 21, 2012 10:57 AM
take a picture of your suspension while the car is on jacks stands

Monday, May 21, 2012 7:19 PM
there really bad looking im just glad i cant see them lol.
Monday, May 21, 2012 7:26 PM

yes i know these are in bad shape but nothing i can really do. i will have new ones once i get some graduation money. so let me know what they are if you even know. try not to laugh to hard
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:06 AM
yup. i hate to say it. but you got some GARBAGE coil-overs.. only sleeve style coil-overs good enough to use on a jbody are from ground-control. take them off ASAP. i am willing to bet your shocks are already blown.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:12 AM
yea shocks are gone they have been for awhile. im going to i am just out of funding whats the best coil over for the lowest price that will still give me a really low drop

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:40 AM
you can get tein basics for under 1000 everything else would be over 1000. even ground controls WITH good shocks would be near the 1k range.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:22 PM
i just want to be able to sit as low as possible and i want to do i the right way. i wish these cars were able to stance as easy as some cars. but if you could give me a good list of investments for my suspension and the way to get it the lowest and stanced with out going with bags.
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:43 PM
B&g coilovers, BS coilovers , kw coilovers, STD coilovers. etc... RESEARCH!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:01 PM
i have been researching and found that the front is easy to stance its just you have to swap the rear ends to get anything like the guy with the vette wheels but thanks for the names, this will be my next investment for sure
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search