Coming soon - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Coming soon
Saturday, February 09, 2013 5:52 PM
18x8 35mm Offset Got them from a guy on Craigslist for $400
He unfortunately has issues parallel parking so I have to do some JB and sanding to give them a smooth edge again
Going to repaint them, then wrap them with Nexen 5000 225/40's
My car is a DD so nothing extreme for height but Going to get some KYB AGX Struts and sit some Eibach Sportline's to close in the gap

Re: Coming soon
Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:52 AM
Nice.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:25 AM
for $400 not bad but not what I want for my head turner's.... I plan on getting some Black Konig Hot Swaps and having the inserts painted the same red I'm planning for the body
Monday, February 11, 2013 4:45 AM
Head turners = Wide, Legitimate 3 piece wheels.

Monday, February 11, 2013 5:14 AM
Wheels look nice.... Id consider tokicos for the sportlines though. agxs aren't designed for more than a 1.5" drop

Monday, February 11, 2013 2:18 PM
Well unless I win the lottery and can build a garage to fab the body to go wide 3 piece i'll stick to my current plan lol... Strat the Tokico's I have read a few places are not a very good strut, anything else you would recommend? Last time I lowered anything was my 1964 Bel-Air and that's been over a decade ago and hydraulics frame fab etc. etc.

Bad back, decent ride is what I need these days lol
Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:35 AM
Why not the agxs with pro kit springs for a 1.4" drop. Koni yellows or tokico d spec struts are also popular with the sportlines.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:53 PM
As mentioned Koni yellows are another option although the fronts are inserts and require some minor fabrication to install.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:30 PM
Was worried about too much space after the fact... I suppose the 1.4" drop wouldn't be so bad. But I do intend on the AGX's regardless just because of the adjustment I can do myself for the way I drive without all of the hassle

turboZ24cavi wrote:Why not the agxs with pro kit springs for a 1.4" drop. Koni yellows or tokico d spec struts are also popular with the sportlines.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:30 PM
Fabrication wouldn't be a big deal if I had the resources to do so

strat81 wrote:As mentioned Koni yellows are another option although the fronts are inserts and require some minor fabrication to install.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:45 PM
Twenty4z wrote:Head turners = Wide, Legitimate 3 piece wheels.

giggity.

I love my d-specs, just my .02; using them with h&r springs. I wouldn't ever suggest using h&r's unless you want it STIFF though.. In any case, keep us updated on what you end up with!

"In Oldskool we trust"

Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:08 PM
What's going to happen:

Yay; wheels!
Yay; suspension parts!
Yay; put it all together!
Boo... it needs to go lower.

Solution: Homework

Monday, February 18, 2013 5:26 PM
Got the Tires... probably have the rims finished by this weekend to have them put on. Decided to go with the KYB AGX with the Eibach Pro-Kit. I can't go extremely low due to where I work, car wouldn't make it in the parking lot

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:33 PM
Ok... have the tires mounted on the rims, painting them this weekend hopefully if it stops snowing/raining plasti-dip yay... well got some clicking on the driver side... uncle says it sounds to be the cv... so I'm going to go rockauto and order left and right half shaft assembly's anyone have opinions on which would be better? I'm sure most here have went through the axle replacement by now. let me know gonna order them hopefully the next day or 2 like to get some opinion first
Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:33 PM
That or go to Napa. Do not get them from Autozone or Advance as theirs is shorter for some reason. Those MSR's I have wanted for awhile but cannot afford them, nice for 400 though. AGX only support a 1.5 drop I do believe so I would to Eibach Pro's 1.4 drop. Don't wanna blow the shocks with the sportline's.
Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:36 PM
Was between Agx's and Tokico Hp's myself but decided on Hp's as they are the same as D-spec, minus the adjustablility. Honestly I doubt I would adjust it if I could as it's just a DD. That and the warranty I hear is better as I heard someone say AGX's support lowering springs but if you need to send in for warranty they won't cover if you had lowering springs on it which makes no sense.
Friday, March 01, 2013 7:08 PM
Well I'm going with my half shafts from Rockauto as well as the AGX's... Probably order the AGX's when I order the half shafts... then to save up for the Eibach Pro's... Have to save and be patient to play with my car
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search