New Lug Nuts - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Lug Nuts
Friday, February 21, 2014 6:01 PM
I am wanting to just run steelies, repaint them black, and put some nice lug nuts on them. Most lug nuts I have found are to fit aftermarket wheels. My question: will these lug nuts in the following link fit on my stock Cavalier steelies?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-BULGE-ACORN-WHEELS-RIMS-LUG-NUTS-12X1-5-M12-12-1-5-CLOSED-END-CHROME-19-HEX-U-/400249128316?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACavalier&hash= item5d30b5057c&vxp=mtr

Re: New Lug Nuts
Friday, February 21, 2014 6:23 PM
Those look identical to my factory lug nuts that I use on my factory 16" and 14" winter steelies.... Not sure about price difference but you should also be able to find those at a local auto parts store too. Also not sure if quality would be an issue, but Its only those 5 nuts holding each wheel on as you drive down the highway. If there was a price difference, I'd pay the extra for a brand like Mcgard

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 9:45 AM
Those will do. While I agree with Rick on going for quality over price in critical things, I've never had a problem with solid acord lug nuts from any cheap manufacturer. I actually got a set of black acorn lug nuts off ebay a while ago for the steelies on my old beater. with over 150 miles a day for a year and a half, They were still in perfect shape.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:27 AM
You can still find some good quality parts that are cheaper, just some stuff may be a hit or miss, I guess it's just something to keep your eye out for. I know on my car, I've had problems with a few of my lug nuts and studs, I think someone over tighten them before. There were 2 lug nuts that I tried to remove and would not break loose with my impact(small compressor), with a breaker bar and snipe, it broke both studs. A few other lug nuts were a little "sticky" when removing. 20 New Mcgard lug nuts and 2 new studs later and no problems. I also found this to be something that people argue about but I clean my threads very good then put a very small film of anti seize on them, some will argue that you are suppose to keep them dry, others will say the anti seize will help you tighten the lug nut and make it easier to remove later. My advice with anti seize, if you are interested, research it and use you best judgement.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:26 PM
Those seem cheap at under a buck each.

I had 4 of the wrong lugs on a wheel, so yesterday I got a few acorns in bins at a tire shop. only $1.50 each.. they look shiny and say HD on them so I may buy more. At the part stores theyre like 2.50 each.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search