Replacement Tires For 19's.. Will They Work?? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Replacement Tires For 19's.. Will They Work??
Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:29 AM
Ok so the other day I notice one of the tires on my car is cracked all along the sidewall of the tire.. I have Achilles ATR Sports right now and they are 225-35-19 on a set of Falken Torque 5 rims... The rims are 7.5" wide with an offset of 42mm... I figure either I can buy a used or new tire and just replace one and hope the other tires are not going to do the same thing.. I know tires only last a certain amount of years until they start to dry rot.. So I was thinking about taking this opportunity to place all 4 tires but I wanted to possibly change the tire size so I can get more sidewall for better ride quality and rim protection... The car is lowered with Eibach Sportlines and KYB AGX..

I was hoping I could upgrade to 225-40-19 or 225-45-19 (if I can pull that off...doubt that one tho).. I understand I would probably need to roll my fenders.. My real concern I think is the spring perch on the front...

Can anyone help me out.. I am looking to replace soon because I am currently running my winter tires on the front of my car...

Re: Replacement Tires For 19's.. Will They Work??
Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:51 PM
Anyone help me out... I measured and it looks like they are ok with the fenders with some possible rolling of inner fender... But I am not sure about the strut spring mount... I am worried if the tire is going to hit it.... I am lowered but that doesn't have any effect on if the tire will hit the spring perch or not... I don't think anyhow... Can anyone shed some light on this... I don't wanna buy them just to find out they will not fit.. I already did that with a carbon fiber hood.
Re: Replacement Tires For 19's.. Will They Work??
Tuesday, August 05, 2014 3:15 AM
IM PRETTY SURE THE 225/40/19 WOULD CLEAR AND WOULD MOST CERTAINLY IMPROVE THE COMFORT LEVEL OF YOUR RIDE SEEING AS YOU WOULD HAVE MORE OF A CUSHION IN BETWEEN YOUR RIM AND TIRE...HOPE THIS HELPS

BLACKMANTIS
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search